Gumbysmoke's '01 Alero

**** thats quite a bit, that stuff gets nasty if you get it on your hands/clothes.

btw do you have any loading issues with the sub firing into to cabin? i hope my sub doesn't bottom out with the doors open or something since i have a decent amount of port area and almost 5ft^3 box..

it's gunna be like 2.4k rated and actually 4.7 cubes @ 32 - 34 for daily and 40 somthing for spl.

that seems like a small box for an 18, though i dont know the parameters on that lvl 6, but it's probly good to go a little smaller with all that power.

haha it's peel n seal, look at the picture at the end of page 1; that's about how my whole car is covered. It's seriously way cheaper than dynamat or second skin, and literally works exactly the same in my opinion. I got a 3ft x 35.5ft roll for $90 at home depot, covered the whole car (3 to 4 layers on the roof) and still have a **** ton left over. i braced the center of my roof against the stock bar thing that goes across with e-foam and it is really solid (i can pound my fist on the roof and hear just a quiet thud).

it doesn't smell at all when it gets hot as well

These next two just show some e-foam in cracks/passthroughs between the cabin/trunk

CIMG3324.jpg

I've also got alot in the side wall wells pushing against the side panels. No more flex ftw...

CIMG3326.jpg

This is how i chose to color the terminals, i also taped them off in order to spray the washers black

CIMG3556.jpg

Finished paining test port #1 / cut a few inches off.. (34hz)

CIMG3568.jpg

this is how the box for ojthebassman's xxx 15 is looking as of last night

cimg3575.jpg

cimg3576.jpg

Edit:

p.s. it's going in a geo metro...

Looks really good. Just got to flare other end of port to really get full effect of an aero port. Just from flaring the other end you'll gain an easy DB if not more. If it helps this is my friends alero build. 150+ db on 44hz with 2500w and two 12's.

alero.jpg

Looks really good. Just got to flare other end of port to really get full effect of an aero port. Just from flaring the other end you'll gain an easy DB if not more. If it helps this is my friends alero build. 150+ db on 44hz with 2500w and two 12's.
alero.jpg

yea i dont have the capability of making the full flare, but i do know the benefits. i just did it like this because i have to be able to fold my seats up and i didn't want to buy one from amartin.

black silicon on the ports = solid as ****. black latex paint over both boxes = good idea.

CIMG3581.jpg

before smoothing..

CIMG3582.jpg

CIMG3583.jpg

kinetik voltage with car off..

CIMG3587.jpg

last night after finishing the xxx build we tested the box side loaded in a huge van and it was slamming. it's going to be bananas in a small geo.

p.s. the btl is arriving tomorrow around 5 while im at f*cking work..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

walled01alero

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
walled01alero
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date