>>03 Fx4 Ranger...Revearse Mount DIYMA Box Build<<

sub hole all cut out...just needs carpet!!!

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

round over the flush mount area.

also did you clamp that box?? that gap looks kinda big on that closeup. just wondering. wait is it offset?

That box is looking tight.

This sub is just plain eye candy. Inverted is the only way to mount these fat asses! My two DIYMA subs shipped out today. I'm glad I ran across this thread and saw your sub. It's perfect for my application because I'm doing an SQ build and I have two 1.4cf sealed chambers for them to go in powered by a zx1500.1. 750 watts each for those should be just about perfect. Can't wait to hear them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

round over the flush mount area.
also did you clamp that box?? that gap looks kinda big on that closeup. just wondering. wait is it offset?
are you talking about the front plate gaps? i glued the crap out of it and also layed it down with alot of weight on top of it. im gonna bondo all the gaps, sand smooth, carpet, install, sound good. haha

That box is looking tight.
This sub is just plain eye candy. Inverted is the only way to mount these fat asses! My two DIYMA subs shipped out today. I'm glad I ran across this thread and saw your sub. It's perfect for my application because I'm doing an SQ build and I have two 1.4cf sealed chambers for them to go in powered by a zx1500.1. 750 watts each for those should be just about perfect. Can't wait to hear them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
thanks alot. we think alike. love fat...phat asses. i love the magnet of the sub, and since i was trying to save space, the sub is perfect for me. i just hope my amp can power it. i get to do some finishing touches tomm, then carpet and install...

update...i love carpet, but i **** at carpeting boxes. looks like im gonna rip the carpet off, sand it down smooth, then use truck bed liner to cover it. i had good results using that stuff last time.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

sry to hear about the carpet bro!.

should have inset the sides for easier carpeting.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:
sry to hear about the carpet bro!.

should have inset the sides for easier carpeting.
yea, if i would of done that, it would of looked great, but my seemless carpeting *****. ill just say....IT WASENT SEEMLESS!!! haha...already tore it off and started sanding. I do have enought carpet to try again, but id hate to waste it just to mess up again. I think ill settle with sanding it down smooth, prepping it, and spray truck bedliner on it.

yea, if i would of done that, it would of looked great, but my seemless carpeting *****. ill just say....IT WASENT SEEMLESS!!! haha...already tore it off and started sanding. I do have enought carpet to try again, but id hate to waste it just to mess up again. I think ill settle with sanding it down smooth, prepping it, and spray truck bedliner on it.
HALT! do not do the spray on bro! waste of money! half is left in the can! did a little experiment on sunday and found that out! buy the roll/brush on type from autozone. its 16 bux but can go wrong. plus you can get a fatty thick layer on that bish!! hey try getting artistic man. put a layer of you trucks color on the front of the box and trace out a design then throw the bedliner on. make it uniques you know. your already gona sand the **** out of it. haha.

HALT! do not do the spray on bro! waste of money! half is left in the can! did a little experiment on sunday and found that out! buy the roll/brush on type from autozone. its 16 bux but can go wrong. plus you can get a fatty thick layer on that bish!! hey try getting artistic man. put a layer of you trucks color on the front of the box and trace out a design then throw the bedliner on. make it uniques you know. your already gona sand the **** out of it. haha.
do u have any pics of the roll on bedliner? i liked the spray on stuff i used last time. i spend $15 on 2 cans and it covered a box bigger then this one. You are right about the sanding. i already started, but i got alot to do to smooth it all out agian. worth it in the end though, cause i dont want a ugly looking box. not after all the time i spent building so far.

do u have any pics of the roll on bedliner? i liked the spray on stuff i used last time. i spend $15 on 2 cans and it covered a box bigger then this one. You are right about the sanding. i already started, but i got alot to do to smooth it all out agian. worth it in the end though, cause i dont want a ugly looking box. not after all the time i spent building so far.
unfortunately i dont have any pics of any boxes i have done with it. it looks exactly like the spray on except you get a thicker cover thats for sure. really nice rough finish to!

here is a link to what i used:

second one on the page. herculiner

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accessoriesShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Repair+and+Lift&fromType=accessories&fromString=search&parentId=cat10036&filterByKeyWord=bedliner&currentPage=1&navValue=100055&categoryNValue=100043&fromWhere=&subPartId=prod12178&itemId=prod12178&displayName=Truck+Bed+Coating

ok, ill try that out instead of the spray, thicker is better now that i gotta cover some imperfections of the glue. even though, after sanding it down, it seems pretty smooth already. gotta get some rougher sand paper and do some more prepping. its only like 30 degress out today anyways, tomm suppose to be 60 so ill finish it all then

update, starting spraying it with the bedliner, not looking so good. haha might have to go back to carpet to cover mistakes. just gotta take my time this time. still got another coat of bedliner to try, but we will see. also i didnt go with the roll on cause it was $30 for a can, then i still needed rollers etc.

changed my mind. just gonna finish spraying it with bedliner, then cover it with a beauty plate and carpet the plate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.