grounding issue??constant loud buzz coming from reciever not speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

stevefoster1

i have a car dvd/stereo in dash and it is always making a loud buzzing sound (except when car is off or i open door, my truck has the 10 minute auto shut off) I bypassed the e brake ground by grounding it to the normal stereo ground. everything works fine i just have this loud buzz coming from the radio and it has been starting to drain the battery when i go out for 15 minute break at work. any idea on why/how to get rid of the buzz? Also i checked the ground wires and they are all connected nicely (main in, main out, and the e brake)also there is no amp or subs hooked up and like i said in the title it is constant. it does not differ between idle or reving. i took the wiring apart and re-did it all and it has the same issue. i am just gonna go with "it's a cheap piece of junk"

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.