ground to strut tower bolt?

the frame and the body shoud be grounded together. if its done properly it doesn't matter were you put it as long as you have adequate surface area. id did te same thing but i also grounded the frame to the body as well

the frame and the body shoud be grounded together. if its done properly it doesn't matter were you put it as long as you have adequate surface area. id did te same thing but i also grounded the frame to the body as well
Agree that surface area is king. I like to take a chunk of aluminum block and grind down to frame or where ever and then attach my cables to the top of the block, usually attach block to frame via nut and bolt threw it, then tap and thread the block according to my needs.

so i can run short wire (1ft) from alt bracket to strut bolt and 2nd (2ft) wire on same bolt to battery? and remove the 1 i have on other strut or just leave it?

so i can run short wire (1ft) from alt bracket to strut bolt and 2nd (2ft) wire on same bolt to battery? and remove the 1 i have on other strut or just leave it?
picture. its hard to say without knowing what it looks like. like i said thought make sure the body and frame are grounded.. form what it sounds like you can do that..

Agree that surface area is king. I like to take a chunk of aluminum block and grind down to frame or where ever and then attach my cables to the top of the block, usually attach block to frame via nut and bolt threw it, then tap and thread the block according to my needs.
icooked duck for the first time. OMG its awesome. not even close to gamy like ive tasted n the past.. lol

picture. its hard to say without knowing what it looks like. like i said thought make sure the body and frame are grounded.. form what it sounds like you can do that..
in this picture here on left u see strut tower and alt so probably strut bolt closest to the black fuse box on left and then 2nd wire from that bolt to 1st closest batt terminal to strut right at the fuse box.. https://imgur.com/tTuKEDs also i thought i had put other completed pic up all that was just laid out nothing cut yet guess i'd rather not show the 1 wire i did.. i did sand spots really well with brush on drill though., so very shinny.. i did sand ground point beside battery so the factory ground has to be better than it was cause it won't good before..

in this picture here on left u see strut tower and alt so probably strut bolt closest to the black fuse box on left and then 2nd wire from that bolt to 1st closest batt terminal to strut right at the fuse box.. https://imgur.com/tTuKEDs also i thought i had put other completed pic up all that was just laid out nothing cut yet guess i'd rather not show the 1 wire i did.. i did sand spots really well with brush on drill though., so very shinny.. i did sand ground point beside battery so the factory ground has to be better than it was cause it won't good before..
One thing I've learned is seal that sh*t, I use to tape off a square around my frame grounds and spray black plasti dip over them with good long term results.

One thing I've learned is seal that sh*t, I use to tape off a square around my frame grounds and spray black plasti dip over them with good long term results.
yeah i was gonna use clear coat going to walmart tomorrow, some peeps use plain grease which seems weird some use dielectric grease maybe better than clear coat idk just though the clear would be cheaper.. here's what ground points look like https://imgur.com/DQfKgJI

NDoesn't taste like what you are used to huh???
i let its cure in salt water and vinegar for 8 hours and then marinated it for 8 hours. alot of places its really gamey and really bold. this time it tasted much more iike yard bird than what people eat elsewhere. i think its the bomb and definitely a different taste from the normal..

i also mixed the juices with flower brown sugar and honey and based it several times..

What do you guys mean between frame and body? Like body of motor and Chassis frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got my gp wires in laid them out to see where they'll fit and reach. 1 by battery is very short so i'll have 3 feet left on that wire and if i ground alt bolt to strut tower on that side it'll be 1ft long too so i'd have 2 3 foot left.. idk if i should run just 1 to the other side of car (strut bolt) from alt bolt is better than doing on same side of car.. https://imgur.com/s4baMxq i could run ground to strut tower on each side of car from alt bracket + batt ground beside battery.. https://imgur.com/tTuKEDs
My OEM negative battery ground is on one of my strut tower bolts connected by a tiny wire and was thinking of using that but will probly use alt bracket and oem chassis ground that’s nearby battery.

What do you guys mean between frame and body? Like body of motor and Chassis frame?

The frame and the ody (skin) are typically isolated to lower vibration. So you have to find a place to ground the frame to the body. Some cars are but most arent

The frame and the ody (skin) are typically isolated to lower vibration. So you have to find a place to ground the frame to the body. Some cars are but most arent
Ahh I see what you meant my bad. Do most modern cars have accesible frame grounding in engine bay?

I'm confused on why you are running a ground to Alternator. Its Battery+ to alt, engine block to chasis, Battery to Chasis. Tbolts holding the alternator to thhe engine supply the grounding it needs. Struts bolts are not the ideal spot due to vibratons that could lead to weaker connection over time. Try to find something near an engine mount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.