Great Set of 3 way Speakers For $400-$600?

Participant count
  • Participant list
here soon Ologyaudio will have a set of 3ways with the XXX drivers that can take loads of power and should sound amazing, im really excited about them and plan to buy a set. just a heads up, should be about 500 too give or take

here soon Ologyaudio will have a set of 3ways with the XXX drivers that can take loads of power and should sound amazing, im really excited about them and plan to buy a set. just a heads up, should be about 500 too give or take
As above //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif -- Already have a prototype assembled and the tweeter is almost too airy for my tastes... If I had to compare the tbfc to any tweeters it would have to be the focal utopia tweets from a few years ago... before they got rly harsh as hell and were full of insane amounts of 'air'... I'm going to get the TDFC and see if that gives a more typical sound... but at least there are options for people's preferences //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It sounds very smooth overall though still very detailed but not near the level of resolution that the RS drivers have... More power handling and higher sensitivity though to keep up with the power of the XXX... I'm sort of leaning towards an active bandpass for the XXX and an active highpass for the 2 way set that will compliment the XXX as it doesn't cost that much more and gives a little more flexibility for tuning to the vehicle... Quality large value passive components get quite expensive... Granted a passive 3 way will be available for people looking to save a little money and not want to mess with tuneing an active setup properly...

If you can manage to fit a 8" or 10" woofer in the 3 way the dayton RS woofers would make a very nice low end on a 3 way... and cost less than the XXX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.