Multiple Speaker comparison

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flipx99
5,000+ posts

Violator of Terms
Building 100
I drive a 89 Cutlass Ciera. Up front it has the 3.5" speakers. The rear is set for 6x9, but I want something smalller, ie 4x6 or 5x7. I only want it for mid-range base and vocals. I listen to both rap and classical music. My budget is around $200 online for both items, but will move up if there is a much greater difference. I would like to put some tweets in the A pillar but it mounts flush to the car A pillar. I am unsure about how I feel about a protruding tweet.

I looked around and the three brands that appeal to me are:

Boston Accoustics S-series

Diamond Audio

Infinity Kappas

I am willing to look into other brands.

I also want a matching amp. I am looking for something in an amp that I can customize more than push a lot of watts. I have 3 12" TSW2000SPL in the back and I cannot hear any of the words. I would like a SQL type of setup...Thanks!

I also want a matching amp. I am looking for something in an amp that I can customize more than push a lot of watts. I have 3 12" TSW2000SPL in the back and I cannot hear any of the words. I would like a SQL type of setup...Thanks!
2000SPL's rock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

honestly id say you need a serious pair of speakers up front to hear any thing over those pioneer subs. no 3.5 and 5x7 will cut it.
Agreed... round speakers are your friend btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif -- think ya can work with fiberglass to put some 6 or 6.5" or 7" speakers up front -- you can always put 2 sets in each door or go with something very efficient with high power handling and leave out the rear speakers entirely... also it is a good idea to keep the tweeters nearish the midwoofers... Never been a fan of A pillar tweets. c2c space is too large

I mean its rly hard to find a 3.5" speaker that is decent... there are some ok 4" speakers but... heh -- output limited... There are some good 4.5" speakers... but low frequency output limited as well... no good under say 120hz full tilt... -- can do a 80hz reasonably at lower volume if the install was done right...

I think/believe I can modify the area where the 3.5" goes to accept a 4x6 plate. I'll have to look into in great detail, but I believe it is possible. As for the door. I can put them in the door, but I am afraid of rain getting in there and starting a fire or something.

There is no real room for kick panels unless I build them myself. Not real sure how I got fasten them down however. At the foot level, there is little space. Of course, this would need to be a new thread in a different section

I think/believe I can modify the area where the 3.5" goes to accept a 4x6 plate. I'll have to look into in great detail, but I believe it is possible. As for the door. I can put them in the door, but I am afraid of rain getting in there and starting a fire or something.
There is no real room for kick panels unless I build them myself. Not real sure how I got fasten them down however. At the foot level, there is little space. Of course, this would need to be a new thread in a different section
Well windows get a little bit of water in them but it should drain out the bottom -- also I wouldn't worry about fire thats not a real threat -- water can damage drivers though after awhile if there is a lot getting in somehow and onto the speakers -- but there are measures to counter water...

If you can stick some 4.5" speakers in the 3.5" location there are good options for that -- as for kicks you have to build your own -- cant just modify the car... can also make speaker pods for the doors... -- that is a different section though...

if space is at a premium id just go in rout of 5.25's in the kicks. it should have better output than the other speakers you were thinking of and image alot better than either the doors or dash. the kicks arent that hard to make

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.