GPS with borken cigerette lighter

Hmm I have never seen anything odd when doing one. I usually open up those plugs to check fuse ratings and see that it's just a ground and a fuse 12v. I will be on the lookout for that in the future.

Worlddre, if it is hooking up to the car then it would have to accept 12v. It might have a resistor or voltage regulator of some sort giving the unit a lower voltage though. I doubt that would be in the male cig lighter though?? (like I said before I've never seen anything in those besides fused 12v and ground)

Hmm I have never seen anything odd when doing one. I usually open up those plugs to check fuse ratings and see that it's just a ground and a fuse 12v. I will be on the lookout for that in the future.
Worlddre, if it is hooking up to the car then it would have to accept 12v. It might have a resistor or voltage regulator of some sort giving the unit a lower voltage though. I doubt that would be in the male cig lighter though?? (like I said before I've never seen anything in those besides fused 12v and ground)
tis extremely common with cigarette lighter powered devices. Voltage is often lowered through a resistor or the like inside the cig lighter connector

**** son. he is on his way to be a giant. think he will outgrow you? is that even possible?
also, im about to raise hell at SOW.
he better outgrow me

what did they do?

they still have my bluetooth. i called today and talked to scott, he was supposed to call me back and he didnt. im not really gonna raise hell, just gonna yell at scott.

they dont seem to be very on top of things down there... i dropped that bluetooth off about two weeks ago...

do not cut it unless you know it takes a 12v input. Many devices such as these take 5v or other input. Look at the back of the unit around where the power connector plugs in and see if it says the required input voltage. If its not there check the manual for it. If you still do not find then do as atoz350 said
The input says "10-30 VDC . Max 1A"

Also, the wires from my tachometer are red,blue and yellow, which wires do I tap into , and is it possible with the my unit?

The input says "10-30 VDC . Max 1A"Also, the wires from my tachometer are red,blue and yellow, which wires do I tap into , and is it possible with the my unit?
judging from that, you should be safe cutting the adapter off and hardwiring.

Ok so the wires running from my tach are actually BLUE WHITE and YELLOW. When I cut off the wires for the cig adapter what wires will I see and which wires do I connect them too?

they still have my bluetooth. i called today and talked to scott, he was supposed to call me back and he didnt. im not really gonna raise hell, just gonna yell at scott.
they dont seem to be very on top of things down there... i dropped that bluetooth off about two weeks ago...
i could have told you that was going to happen. Thats how stuff usually happens around there

Ok so the wires running from my tach are actually BLUE WHITE and YELLOW. When I cut off the wires for the cig adapter what wires will I see and which wires do I connect them too?
just go to the wires connected to the existing cigarette lighter

i could have told you that was going to happen. Thats how stuff usually happens around there
in light of recent events, its not been my main concern. although, i was about 3 days away from being emplyed in rock hill... and for about 3 days i was emplyed in rock hill...

not like its a big deal, would just be nice to have it i suppose...

so how is the new job? i guess i really dont have a good excuse for not visiting now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.