Got Subs, Should I replace the 6x9's or 5 1/4's next?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Abunai
10+ year member

I have 2x 800 watt 12" subs in a bandpass box should I next....

Replace the rear factory 6x9's and with what...

Replace the door mounted 5 1/4's and with what...

or...

Replace the 1995 Panisonic 35x4 watt CD Player and with what?

We are looking at a $150-200 budge for this single upgrade.

I like hard rock, rock, and rap music, so mabey something to mix with the boomness of the bandpass box to even it out with something crisp?

All opinions are appriciated.

i really can't suggest a specific model, but the most important upgrade for you right now would be the front speakers. just buy a good name brand (maybe even components) and spend the most your budget will allow, because these speakers are the most important in your sound system. the next step would be the upgrade of the HU. the last thing you will want to upgrade is the rear speakers, they are there only for fill. at some point you will want to think about amplifying your front/rear speakers so make sure you buy good quality speakers that will allow you to amplify them in the future.

Next time you see me make sure I have my coffee in hand...then I may not doze off half way through and wake up as my eyes reach the bottom of the page...I have been doing that way too much lately:banghead: .. at least I am awake now.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Abunai

10+ year member
Abunai
Madison, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from