Got my JBL GTR-1001

2RZ-FE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
The FREQ dial, the 80hz marking is at this location on my amp. I saw pics online that show the same as mine but others show the 80hz marking being on the left. Going by the 32-320 markings, 144hz should be at 12 o clock so 80hz should be slightly more than half way between 32 and 144 right? Can I just turn it to 320 and use the 90hz low pass on my deck instead? 

IMG_0649.JPG

The FREQ dial, the 80hz marking is at this location on my amp. I saw pics online that show the same as mine but others show the 80hz marking being on the left. Going by the 32-320 markings, 144hz should be at 12 o clock so 80hz should be slightly more than half way between 32 and 144 right? Can I just turn it to 320 and use the 90hz low pass on my deck instead? 
yes. you should run full range on the amp and use the much more exact filter on the h/u

Last edited by a moderator:
So all the way clockwise would essentially make it full range similar to if it had a full/lp/hp switch? I heard of doing that but wasn’t sure of the results. My Kenwood goes down to 85hz

Set the amp freq all the way to 320hz and set the deck to 83hz. The bass seems louder this way rather than setting the deck set to THROUGH and amp set to around 80. Is this normal? 

How do you like this amp? I have it myself and think it's awesome for the price. Did you get it from crutchfield for the discount price? It does more than rated power- just like all the other JBL amps I've run in the past. Back in 2002 I had a JBL BP1200.1, that thing was awesome.

Here's a link to the dyno results for the Infinity Kappa K1000 which is essentially the exact same amp.

Shows what kind value your getting. No SS filter or bass knob, but as long as you know how to set your filters/gain on your amp/hu or dsp properly than theres really no need for either. 

Clean power, more than rated power for great price. That's what I want from my class D amp. Just wish they made a 2000 watt version...

Yeah I got it from Crutchfield for $179. I have it powering a Pioneer 3003 12” in a 1.5cf sealed box at the moment. Have the gain all the way down and it still seems a tad much at times so I have to adjust the sub volume control down on the head unit. Nice to have some headroom. Had a BP600.1 back then somehow it shorted out.

The 80hz marking at 1 o clock is the correct spot. The 11 o clock one is from a prototype amp. This is from JBL. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2RZ-FE

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
2RZ-FE
Dixon, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date