got box covered in vynil

I'd figure away out. Just for a clean signal. What's that hu distort at. 3/4 at best. So you're at what around 1000 watts on sub 18 watts on mids/highs?  All about that bass no treble

If you like it I guess that's all that matters. Reminds me of something I'd tried  in high school though 

I'd figure away out. Just for a clean signal. What's that hu distort at. 3/4 at best. So you're at what around 1000 watts on sub 18 watts on mids/highs?  All about that bass no treble

If you like it I guess that's all that matters. Reminds me of something I'd tried  in high school though 
dude i worked at a stereo shop for 10 yrs i told 200 people the same thing when they came in wanted 2 15's not mid amp.. i'd love to have some 8's in my doors with 100rms each but i just loaned kid $2500, took in his pit bull and canceled my health ins yesterday, and i literally have 3 teeth on top., my mids are fine..

That's cool i get it. 

Just having trouble wrapping my head around using hu power with a 900 + watt sub set up.

You seem like a nice enough guy. Hell If you lived closer I'd let ya use 1 of my amps i have in my closet till ya got back on your feet.

That's cool i get it. 

Just having trouble wrapping my head around using hu power with a 900 + watt sub set up.

You seem like a nice enough guy. Hell If you lived closer I'd let ya use 1 of my amps i have in my closet till ya got back on your feet.
like i said i see 2 chan kenwoods, pioneers and what not all the time $30-100.. almost bought nice one on here few months back don't  remember what it was.. biggest problem is i'd have to pull hu to run rca not to mention speaker wires and i'd have to buy more 4ga blocks when i need to get bigger wire b4 adding amp then i can get 0 ga dist blocks.. i'd also have to move amp/s to a board behind box instead of seat.. thanks though.. i'll try to get video of my speakers one day that utube won't delete but with my mic when i turn sub on u won't be able to anything but distortion., only thing that overrides mids is some rebassed tracks

Why would you need to do all that distribution block crap? Why not run a 8 guage wire to the battery?  Speaker wire at Wal-Mart is pretty cheap. Move amps? Don't you have a trunk? Put new amp in trunk. 

I've got a kicker zx200.4 and some rca's I'd just give ya. If you'd actually use it and it's not a crazy shipping price. I'd be willing to help someone out for 20 /30 $ ya know. Amps not worth anything to me. Thank I gave 100$ 10/ 12 years ago. Haven't had it hooked up in over a year. Never had any problems out of it. It is class a/b so its not that small though.

Pulling hu single din,run speaker wire. idk man sounds like you're being kinda lazy lol

Why would you need to do all that distribution block crap? Why not run a 8 guage wire to the battery?  Speaker wire at Wal-Mart is pretty cheap. Move amps? Don't you have a trunk? Put new amp in trunk. 

I've got a kicker zx200.4 and some rca's I'd just give ya. If you'd actually use it and it's not a crazy shipping price. I'd be willing to help someone out for 20 /30 $ ya know. Amps not worth anything to me. Thank I gave 100$ 10/ 12 years ago. Haven't had it hooked up in over a year. Never had any problems out of it. It is class a/b so its not that small though.

Pulling hu single din,run speaker wire. idk man sounds like you're being kinda lazy lol
wow u pretty awesome man.. nah i meant on a board in the trunk., but it'd be easier to use dist blocks than run 18ft  of wire., i had some gave them away last yr lol.. it's really running the wire and rca.. i'll get video of mids outside car so u can see it may not be as bad as u think.. i'll pm u..

i'd love to have some 8's in my doors with 100rms each but i just loaned kid $2500, took in his pit bull and canceled my health ins yesterday, and i literally have 3 teeth on top., my mids are fine..
Well, when you put it that way... I can respect that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when you put it that way... I can respect that.
here's my new 65 pound house cat (he lays around and don't bark) he's a good old man.. but like i said really i just don't think it's worth running speaker wire and rca over (i only drive 30 miles a week).. i'll video my mids outside car and show it to u.

WP_20180730_21_22_32_Pro.jpg

You doin' the bingo thing yet?

I'm just kidding, you're cool with me. Just stop saying "peeps", that **** is annoying.

Lol peeps. Sugar candy shaped like a baby chicken. Every time he says that  all I think of. 

Ok gramps I'm not messing with ya if you want that just let me know.  I might be able to get it sent out as early as tomorrow. 

If you pm i might not answer till late. I'm on the road right now. I'm not too good at navigating the mobile site yet 

Lol peeps. Sugar candy shaped like a baby chicken. Every time he says that  all I think of. 

Ok gramps I'm not messing with ya if you want that just let me know.  I might be able to get it sent out as early as tomorrow. 

If you pm i might not answer till late. I'm on the road right now. I'm not too good at navigating the mobile site yet 
nah it won't be soon.

You doin' the bingo thing yet?

I'm just kidding, you're cool with me. Just stop saying "peeps", that **** is annoying.
i stopped it for the most part because u said that but will never stop saying FU!! lol.. see if this link works just posted, like i said my mic distorts with the sub on so really can't tell how it sounds in car and this is on rebassed track. other songs are actually louder on mids and highs than this

i stopped it for the most part because u said that but will never stop saying FU!! lol.. see if this link works just posted, like i said my mic distorts with the sub on so really can't tell how it sounds in car and this is on rebassed track. other songs are actually louder on mids and highs than this
I'm totally joking, broseph. You do you and don't worry about anything I say. I am almost never being completely serious but it's hard to tell that sort of thing over the innnerwebz.

I think it sounds pretty good, all things considered. All that matters is you like the way everything sounds, you been doing it long enough.

I'm totally joking, broseph. You do you and don't worry about anything I say. I am almost never being completely serious but it's hard to tell that sort of thing over the innnerwebz.

I think it sounds pretty good, all things considered. All that matters is you like the way everything sounds, you been doing it long enough.
thanks. like i said if there was a fairly easy way to get some 8's in the doors that might make me want to do it and get an amp.. i just don't thinking tripling the power to a coax with like a 92 db rating is worth it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BOOMINGRANDPA

5,000+ posts
WOLFRAM FTW
BOOMINGRANDPA
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date