Got a sound violation ticket.

So you want to get out of something by disputing .1'? **** kids today just have no respect or responsibility.
how is that lack of respect or responsibility??

1. I can almost garuntee i'm much older than you, kid

2. it's called due process for a reason... the cop needs to do his job properly, or not at all... that's the whole point.

3. Your arguments make no sense, other than the typical "all of our laws are perfect, and we should just abide by them with no question" response.

4. I think you're forgetting that i'm prior law enforcement... and i had given out multiple noise ordinance violations... but they were all investigated properly, and written in accordance with that statute... anything less, and they shouldn't be written.

i've received two tickets - back in the 90's when they were only $75 a piece. i had no problem paying because i new i was in violation. if you get caught breaking a law, the only person to be mad at is yourself.

i still have the ticket. it was written as "illegal operation of a sound amplification system"

well anyway.............. http://lexingtonky.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=12441
a few useful posts above, thanks to everyone who wrote useful things! stop arguing please..

So i've never gone to court, idk what to expect, what should i do/say?
it's a very minor charge, so you will most likely talk to the prosecutor first... plead your case to him... if he's in a good mood, he could lessen the ticket, or even drop it (well, he can make a suggestion to the judge, it's ultimately up to him)... if he is in a bad mood, he may not want to hear any of it. That is when i would contest it.

if you want to fight it - you have a lot of studying law and acoustics ahead of you. did you give a link to the noise ordinance you are allegedly in violation of? start by finding and reading the ordinance. not the pamphlet but the actual ordinance listed in the pamphlet.

well being 17 do i need a parent with me or anything? and **** i just turned 17 like 5 days ago and if you get any type of ticket your " 6 month phase " where you can't drive past midnight -6am or have 1 more person in the car gets bumped back 6 months.. i should have got my real license

or yea, you can just ask nicely. unlikely that will be successful since it is your word against the officers, and it appears the ordinance is if it is audible at 50 ft. you can have a conversation at 50 ft, so pretty much any stereo (even stock) can be in violation.

hmmm... well the officer said " 168 " idk how he could know that number? its not on the ticket........ but err.. i wonder how much the court fee is

Who said i agree with bikes being loud? Your right ends when it infringes on my rights to peace.
Have you never yelled at someone, or blown your car horn.

Those can be heard over 50 feet away

You have infringed on my right to peace.

You are now a law breaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tek18

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Tek18
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date