Got a sound violation ticket.

our local automobile sound system ordinance is if it is audible at 75 feet. first offense is $75. second offense is up to $500 and your car can spend 3 days in impound (i.e. they will search it).

dayum!

when they adopted that law, i pulled the 4-12's out and started going for SQ. in retrospect, it was the best thing to happen to my sound system!

as an acoustics engineer i help buildings meet noise ordinances. the state of IL has one of the most stringent noise ordinances in the country - and it is very, very well written.

Illinois Administrative Code - Title 35, Section 901.

worth a read if you are interested in acoustics (it is long)

http://www.ipcb.state.il.us/documents/dsweb/Get/Document-12273/

http://www.ipcb.state.il.us/documents/dsweb/Get/Document-12261/

http://www.ipcb.state.il.us/documents/dsweb/Get/Document-12263/

and the enforcement rules are so in-depth, you have to hire an acoustician like myself to build a case

http://www.ipcb.state.il.us/documents/dsweb/Get/Document-51628/

And just what personal right is being violated here? Your personal right to play loud music that can annoy others?
Dude u have no argument, and yes. If someone can ride a Harley then we can play loud music. This isnt communist China douche

My dads electra glide=louder then his or your car so STFU

your sentences make no sense at all
How? 3 people said fight it and he said pay it, thats 3 against 1. His argument had holes all in it and just wasnt well thought out. He was talking as though the cop has a decimal reader and a range finder that he hit his car with which he didnt so hes dumb. The end i just added, that may not make since

i think some people ITT need to learn where most noise ordances, particularly those pertaining to car audio, really came from...

google "no more boom car"

and no, i'm not saying it's ok for people to act like a$$holes when they're driving... i just believe fully in due process, and the right to fight any violation to every word of the law.

Dude u have no argument, and yes. If someone can ride a Harley then we can play loud music. This isnt communist China douche
Who said i agree with bikes being loud? Your right ends when it infringes on my rights to peace.

i think some people ITT need to learn where most noise ordances, particularly those pertaining to car audio, really came from...

google "no more boom car"

and no, i'm not saying it's ok for people to act like a$$holes when they're driving... i just believe fully in due process, and the right to fight any violation to every word of the law.

you can say that, but that is not how the law is written and enforced is most municipalities. can you fight a noise violation? sure, i could have most overturned since i study noise ordinances and the measurement methods are strict - and in most cases the officers don't operate the equipment properly. others are written so that anyone can be in violation at any time. some are enforced, some are not.

Who said i agree with bikes being loud? Your right ends when it infringes on my rights to peace.

you can say that, but that is not how the law is written and enforced is most municipalities. can you fight a noise violation? sure, i could have most overturned since i study noise ordinances and the measurement methods are strict - and in most cases the officers don't operate the equipment properly. others are written so that anyone can be in violation at any time. some are enforced, some are not.

oh wow really?? seeems like i just had a flashback when i was a lil kid

How? 3 people said fight it and he said pay it, thats 3 against 1. His argument had holes all in it and just wasnt well thought out. He was talking as though the cop has a decimal reader and a range finder that he hit his car with which he didnt so hes dumb. The end i just added, that may not make since
check your spelling of the first post, and what it says, and tell me if it makes sense...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tek18

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Tek18
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date