Got a situation with an old school kicker solo baric 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

Andbar000

CarAudio.com Newbie
I came across this 15 and it was cheap so I just bought it without hooking a multi meter to it or testing it, and Dude was willing to trade l back if need be, (i’ve made my fair share of mistakes in the past in which I have learned from and have a damn near full proof system to where I don’t **** my equipment up ) I hooked it up with a brand new amp running at two ohms 1000(750)rms, To my disappointment, I didn’t get any kind of vibration from the subwoofer unless the gain was all the way up along with my volume on the head unit, there’s only a positive and negative on the speaker and the amp is brand new, so I figured the sub was blown but it makes no kind of crunchy noise when pushed in nor does anything look bad from the outside looking in, but just to make sure I got a lanzar vibe 261, I tried bridging it to the kicker as well as just one channel,same exact issue. What could be the issue because I have a planet audio 15 running from the amp and it works fine. I’m kind of thinking it might be a lead on the subwoofer itself not getting a good connection? Because it looks like somebody tried to solder it back on the speaker but I can’t tell exactly what happened because the person I got it from got it from somebody that became deceased. Any kind of advice here? Thank you!Also the multimeter read zero, I guess I’m asking if there’s any other issue that could be fixed with it that might be simple

Attachments

• 4EC38E32-7D08-4DCE-9EFB-A1EE08E3DCF7.jpeg
    4EC38E32-7D08-4DCE-9EFB-A1EE08E3DCF7.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 0D796FF2-B204-4EA8-BF9F-0BBACE207DDF.jpeg
    0D796FF2-B204-4EA8-BF9F-0BBACE207DDF.jpeg
    756.8 KB · Views: 142
  • D3A96A76-7EE6-4CEE-BCDA-E5AA6A49C269.jpeg
    D3A96A76-7EE6-4CEE-BCDA-E5AA6A49C269.jpeg
    446.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I came across this 15 and it was cheap so I just bought it without hooking a multi meter to it or testing it, and Dude was willing to trade l back if need be, (i’ve made my fair share of mistakes in the past in which I have learned from and have a damn near full proof system to where I don’t **** my equipment up ) I hooked it up with a brand new amp running at two ohms 1000(750)rms, To my disappointment, I didn’t get any kind of vibration from the subwoofer unless the gain was all the way up along with my volume on the head unit, there’s only a positive and negative on the speaker and the amp is brand new, so I figured the sub was blown but it makes no kind of crunchy noise when pushed in nor does anything look bad from the outside looking in, but just to make sure I got a lanzar vibe 261, I tried bridging it to the kicker as well as just one channel,same exact issue. What could be the issue because I have a planet audio 15 running from the amp and it works fine. I’m kind of thinking it might be a lead on the subwoofer itself not getting a good connection? Because it looks like somebody tried to solder it back on the speaker but I can’t tell exactly what happened because the person I got it from got it from somebody that became deceased. Any kind of advice here? Thank you!
Hook a multi meter to it.

I came across this 15 and it was cheap so I just bought it without hooking a multi meter to it or testing it, and Dude was willing to trade l back if need be, (i’ve made my fair share of mistakes in the past in which I have learned from and have a damn near full proof system to where I don’t **** my equipment up ) I hooked it up with a brand new amp running at two ohms 1000(750)rms, To my disappointment, I didn’t get any kind of vibration from the subwoofer unless the gain was all the way up along with my volume on the head unit, there’s only a positive and negative on the speaker and the amp is brand new, so I figured the sub was blown but it makes no kind of crunchy noise when pushed in nor does anything look bad from the outside looking in, but just to make sure I got a lanzar vibe 261, I tried bridging it to the kicker as well as just one channel,same exact issue. What could be the issue because I have a planet audio 15 running from the amp and it works fine. I’m kind of thinking it might be a lead on the subwoofer itself not getting a good connection? Because it looks like somebody tried to solder it back on the speaker but I can’t tell exactly what happened because the person I got it from got it from somebody that became deceased. Update I did hook a multi meter to, zero impedance View attachment 26421View attachment 26423View attachment 26424

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Andbar000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Andbar000
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from