got a Second Skin speaker kit...

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
but how do i go installing it? i got the speaker kit coupon from RE with my re comps. the deadenin didnt come with instructions and i dont really need them to tell me how to apply since im sure i can put sticky stuff on doors. but what i do wanna know is do i put it around my speaker, or do i put it behind the speaker, or what?

First prep your door. Get all the crud off your door panels. Then cut a piece that you want for your foor. Do it in little strips or squares. Peel off the back stick it on the door. Use a hair dryer or heat gun, then get a really and press down. Oh yeah i still havent got my free speaker kit from Second Skin yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

First prep your door. Get all the crud off your door panels. Then cut a piece that you want for your foor. Do it in little strips or squares. Peel off the back stick it on the door. Use a hair dryer or heat gun, then get a really and press down.
your perfectly right, but i think he meant more along the lines of where to apply, not how

your perfectly right, but i think he meant more along the lines of where to apply, not how
your right strecker. i did mean where. "how" is basically common sense seems like. btw i installed my kit and i do believe i have a little better response. i would really like to see how the system would sound with more second skin. looks like i might be buyin more pretty soon. i applied most of it around where the speaker is, and some on the inside but holy crap my doors have hardly any holes and its hard to get that stuff in there, and even harder to cover all the areas.

the speaker kit is only 2 sq feet of paroduct.

the best way to use it is to apply it around the speaker.

apply it over the hole, and cut an X in the speaker hole, then fold the corners of the X in to the speaker hole and around the back side of the panel.

that will give the best results

ANT

I just picked up a new car that I want to deaden before I throw my new speakers/system in it. No idea how much, or what I should get for it.

Its a 98 Integra Type R. I figured once I'm up in Phoenix I could swing by and pick some second skin up or something, and maybe get some pointers on where to put it.

the speaker kit is only 2 sq feet of paroduct.the best way to use it is to apply it around the speaker.

apply it over the hole, and cut an X in the speaker hole, then fold the corners of the X in to the speaker hole and around the back side of the panel.

that will give the best results

ANT
a quick question. 1 speaker kit does 1 speaker or does 1 speaker kit cover both speakers? cause if 1 kit does both speakers then i overdid it. i got 2 kits (2 coupons from RE) and used 1 kit for each speaker.

a quick question. 1 speaker kit does 1 speaker or does 1 speaker kit cover both speakers? cause if 1 kit does both speakers then i overdid it. i got 2 kits (2 coupons from RE) and used 1 kit for each speaker.
no such thing as overdoing your deadening

Yes, its championship white and like I said, its a R.

Just put my DLS ur6s in. Should finish up the rest of the system this weekend. Took some extra sound deadening I had laying around and started throwing it in the doors. Definately need alot more. I'll be getting tons of second skin stuff in the near future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IgnoreMe

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com VIP
IgnoreMe
caraudio.com
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date