DLS Iridium 8.3 Setup??

kballa422
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post, mi just 16 but interested in car audio and looking for an all around great system. I recently purchased a 15"xxx along with hifonics 1500d amp, i kno its not the best amp but i was on a budget. Its in a 4.5 net cbft ported box tuned to 33Hz, i listen to mostly all rap, occasionalyl rock. I'm looking for a really nice component setup that is able to keep up with this sub, i want it to sound really clear but still get loud enough to hear over the sub. Also, i would like it to have lots of midbass, which is what i am lacking now. Ive been recomended this dls setup for $650, and ive read a few things saying they are great speakers and sound great. Just looking to get as much input as possible b4 i make a decision, was wondering what you guys thought about this setup ( the 8.3 setup) or if u would recomend other things. Im almost set on this i just need a litte re-assuring. THanks.

I have seen the DLS's on ebay for 600 or so, I would say just get the 6.2 set sure you won't have the midbass of the 8 but you wont have to make kicks or chop up the door.

For that price I would look into Utopia's and Dynaudios as well. I would go with the Focals to keep up with the 15xxx, but that is just me.

There are several good DLS dealers on this board. I just got a set of UR6s from djdillidon for a great price. He will beat anyones DLS prices.

On a side note, I went to SMU. Good school.

DLS Iridium's are VERY nice, but I would also consider Rainbow KickBass speakers if you want really strong midbass.

This link is a review from a UK forum:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=84013&highlight=rainbow+profi+kick

Here are links to the Rainbow site. The first is the Profi KickBass, the second is the Vanadium Kickbass (metal cone and tweeter). These are two-ways but they also make three ways ($$$).

You can check the specs by using the Technical Datas link on the bottom right of each page.

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=3&pro=1&lin=4&art=231489

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=3&pro=1&lin=3&art=231564

Here are two authorized online dealers:

http://www.ciaengineering.com/cart/index.php?cPath=34_35_55&sort=3a&filter_id=21

http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&manuf=58&pgNUM=2

Just another idea to consider.

Yea thats who i am getting my deal from, djdilliodon. He's told me that they will perform great and highly recomended them, of course he is the dealer but i trust his word, ive also been recomended them from others. I will look into thos Rainbow Kickbass components and consider them, thanks for the input. Nebody else got an opinion?

Yea thats who i am getting my deal from, djdilliodon. He's told me that they will perform great and highly recomended them, of course he is the dealer but i trust his word, ive also been recomended them from others. I will look into thos Rainbow Kickbass components and consider them, thanks for the input. Nebody else got an opinion?
Ill be honest i never used rainbow but im sure they are worth a look at as well. just cause i sell dls i aint gonna lie and say its the best since sliced bread:)

Ill be honest i never used rainbow but im sure they are worth a look at as well. just cause i sell dls i aint gonna lie and say its the best since sliced bread
Why do you use CDT when you are a dls seller? OT sorry

Why do you use CDT when you are a dls seller? OT sorry
Right now i have nothing cause im waiting for cdt to release the 07 series comps and new hd subs. I will be using cdt for sure though:) I like the dls UR and iridiums but i new cdt set is very impressive. I just got a pair of the hex5000 xovers which are just awesome. Only thing that sux wit them is there HUGE. CDT def kills dls as far as passive xovers go. The ur series is compared to the hd series and iridium to es series. I would rate the both dls sets to have the better sq but the cdt's get louder, have more midbass, and are less money with a better warranty:) Also all the cdt sets will be upgraded this year as well as the high end set coming so dls better watch out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.