Got a random email from Gedun Audio...

We mad brah

btw the "upcoming" 15000 and 30000 watt amp are these(called MDXD series), not the typo one... you would think they can make a better website, maybe the original one in Chinese is good but not the translated one.

MDXD-15000.1 - MDXD series - Gedun Audio Inc

The 30kw one is just two of the 15000 watter stacked in one case

MDXD-15000.2 - MDXD series - Gedun Audio Inc

This is the XP 10000.1

¸ê¶Ù 1 ÉùµÀ10000ÍßÊý×Ö¹¦·Å

Here's another interesting amp in the MDXD series... one that supposedly can do 3000 watts x 4 into 1 ohm. Errrr not too sure about this one LOL

MDXD-3000.4 - MDXD series - Gedun Audio Inc

I've posted a few things over the years. It's your money, though.
I remember it having something to do with not doing rated power under reasonable distortion levels, and not being able to handle anything under 1ohm. I just remember you selling the 5kw prototype in the classifieds here and giving a couple reasons why it didn't meet standards. Not to mention they just use cheap parts, so who knows how long they will last.

I remember it having something to do with not doing rated power under reasonable distortion levels, and not being able to handle anything under 1ohm. I just remember you selling the 5kw prototype in the classifieds here and giving a couple reasons why it didn't meet standards. Not to mention they just use cheap parts, so who knows how long they will last.

Would you get mad at a car manufacture if you applied nitrous in your car engine and it blew up? If it says "stable down to 1 ohm" that means you shouldn't go any lower for a nominal impedance, if it goes bad then that's your fault.

I dug up the supposed sample 5kw amp ad from 2009

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/426835-fs-5000-watt-sample-amplifier.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/425131-fs-2x-5kw-amps-one-working-one-blown.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/419668-fs-blown-5kw-sample-amp-2.html

Not a single post mentioned anything about bad quality, sundownz even said it wasn't bad and can do 5kw on a reactive load. He said it won't run at 1/2 ohm which to me is how he blew one of them. Here's a quote from dB-r:

"The amp in this sale is a good design. If the output section only needs work then I can rebuild it for $280. If the power supply (SMPS) is bad too about $375 for output and power supply rebuild.

If just the outputs are bad it's an easy fix, but the parts are expensive. Only problem for all you DIY'er amp repair guys out there (I see there are quite a few more here now than there were a couple years ago) is that the output drive section, if you are not familiar with the way it works, may cause you some greif and you may blow up lots of expensive outputs over and over again trying to fix this amp yourself.

I would say this amp should do right at 4K. 5K is a MAYBE with higher voltage. It's a chinese prototype, not good enough for Sundown, but maybe good enough for you. I think Jacob should sell it to you guys for $300. Because it's gonna cost you $300 to fix it, and that comes out to about $600-$700 when done, but decent 4K+ amp for $600-$700 aint bad right? It should hold up well after we repair it. Jacob is really hard on amps, I in turn, am REALLY hard on subwoofers. If you have a subwoofer that you claim is indestructable, give it to me for 5 mins... LOL... I'll tear that ***** up. Just like Jacob tore up this amp.... "

So without any info from the tester, my guess is the Chinese prototype(that eventually became Gedun Audio) came very close to what the Sundown amps can do, so Sundown decided to stop talking about these amps because it'll rob their business... remember Sundown and Stetsom got to where they are from mostly word-of-mouth. I'm not bad mouthing anyone or any brands but a good amp is a good amp.

so Sundown decided to stop talking about these amps because it'll rob their business.
Why would Sundown, or Jacob more specifically, have a reason to talk about the amps? He got a couple from a build house, they didn't pass his tests, so he sold them...I fail to see where you expect more to be said.

Why would Sundown, or Jacob more specifically, have a reason to talk about the amps? He got a couple from a build house, they didn't pass his tests, so he sold them...I fail to see where you expect more to be said.

Exactly, Jacob never said they were horrible in fact he said this buildhouse was putting out better products. He has the right to his own standards, you can't jump on him for saying these amps were below his standards.

If Jacob didn't like them, Maybe the are too more bark/looks then bite

Personally, They look like they can put out whats rated, But looks can be deceiving

Sure, but have popular, widely used and successful amps such as AP 1500/3k, MB Quart, Hifonics, etc. passed your tests? I mean, they were built in China. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
MB Quart / Hifonics (Maxxsonics) owns their own factory -- most of their amps are built like Korean amps in a factory located in China. Generally they do just fine.

AP amps... Have tested 10+ similar / identical boards... have never been impressed by reactive power output. Reliability is greater than 90% of the boards in question in this thread that I have tested, though. I also don't like them as the boards are pretty much throw-away when blown... wasteful, IMO.

---

Honestly... If you feel like looking at a photo gives you more knowledge about something that having your hands on it then by all means run out and buy these today. They ARE cheaper to make than the Korean boards and I've known about them for *years* and have tested thousands of dollars worth of prototypes... and I still don't work with this company... do the math. Like I said... a few of their boards are in fact getting better (typically the smaller ones)... but not to the point where I'd put my name on them.

As dB-R said... I am hard on amps, VERY hard on amps I am testing to potentially release. And guess what ? Customers do things I never even imagined to amplifiers when they get out in the field.

Anyway -- I'm not going to mess with this anymore... everyone seems to think I'm trying to screw them out of some sort of magical deal here. Like I said -- it's YOUR money and you can spend it wherever you want.

ok guys i am the one fro pwk forum that purchased the gedun 10k i was in the sandbox but now i am back and have it hooked up to my system for all of you who say he said she said bs well i actually have one and can tell you your full of **** the amp is a great amp for the money and i want to buy some more of them but cant afford to at the moment i was going to hook it up to my 2 dd 9518s but could not use the vehicle i was going to for it so i have it in my impala turned way down on my 2 powerbass 3xl 12 inch subs you can watch vids of it on youtube just type in my user name on there witch is mybassislouderthanu i am no pro by all means but i compete and know many others who do and this amp is a very good for the money amp any ques please ask me thanks.

ok guys i am the one fro pwk forum that purchased the gedun 10k i was in the sandbox but now i am back and have it hooked up to my system for all of you who say he said she said bs well i actually have one and can tell you your full of **** the amp is a great amp for the money and i want to buy some more of them but cant afford to at the moment i was going to hook it up to my 2 dd 9518s but could not use the vehicle i was going to for it so i have it in my impala turned way down on my 2 powerbass 3xl 12 inch subs you can watch vids of it on youtube just type in my user name on there witch is mybassislouderthanu i am no pro by all means but i compete and know many others who do and this amp is a very good for the money amp any ques please ask me thanks.
about dam time someone stepped in, so many people have been crying and chopping their own nuts off in this thread

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ronny

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Ronny
Grand Forks, ND
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date