DIY Illumination!

Wrennagade
10+ year member

Here's some pics of some LED bars I put in my Outback. They respond to the bass or toggle to steady glow. The bars are made from clear toilet plunger handles, drilled at the end with a blue LED inserted and hot glued in. They are plugged into a bass reactor which powers them and makes them flicker to the beat. Couple of zip ties hold them in place. Whad'ya think?

i love the ingenuity, but i hate the placement. personally all i want to see is the glow, i hate seeing the tubes. but its all about what you like.
x2. i think theyd look a lot better if they were stuck up under the dash a bit more. cuz during the day when their off? its gonna look mad cheesy

i love the ingenuity, but i hate the placement. personally all i want to see is the glow, i hate seeing the tubes. but its all about what you like.
Exactly what I was going to say. Don't like seeing the actual tubes. If you can hide them further under the dash it'd be great. Or swap them out for shorter or flexible LED strips so you can hide them better. Other than that, looks good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.