Got a question

ramos
5,000+ posts

Still learning
Virginia
A friend who owns a local shop is wanting me to help with his demo vehicle. The vehicle is already chosen. It's a 1995 Chevy Blazer. So we have plenty of room.The system will be completely Alpine ( not my choice). Now for the question. When you see a demo vehicle from a store which would impress you more. An all out SPL machine, an all out SQ install, or a hybrid mixture of both ? Meaning an SQ setup that could get extremely loud. Let me know your opinions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Me??? An all out dB monster...with a Linear X on the dash to show the number...but you all know how I am...SPL freak!!!

do both kinda...use 4 15" type r's and use the alpine proccesor so you can hump it when needed...i know there step down from f1 components are sweet use them and have a vehicle done nicely that can do mid 150's you know a "realistic" street basser that sounds great

Personally i like tha mix. GOtta sound good but i wanna not just hear bass notes i wanna feel them too. But if it sounds all muddied i'd hate it. Want summer help for 1 week? i gotta weeks vaxcatuion from work anytime i want it (with 2 weeks notice) and this would be something i would kill to work on.

J

i would say go with the 4 x 15's, but what ampsa re you using??

I ahvent founda decent monoblock Alpine yet..... I ahve been told taht therere really arent any?

Try either Type X comps or Type R comps...

I pretty much have my run of alpine equipment to use. After all he is an Alpine dealer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'm just trying to convince him not to put all of his eggs in one basket. He wants to build a flat out spl monster. I'm trying to convince him that it would be more impressive to have an SQPL monster that can put up good numbers, and sound good also.

Originally posted by Wonderbread i would say go with the 4 x 15's, but what ampsa re you using??

I ahvent founda decent monoblock Alpine yet..... I ahve been told taht therere really arent any?

Try either Type X comps or Type R comps...

Everything in the car will be Alpine. Havn't really got the system components set in stone quite yet. I'll keep everybody updated as things progress. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think a mixture of the 2 would be great. No point in trying to make it a straight out alpine spl car, thats just not what they make their products for. When I think of alpine I think of SQ, and the car should have great SQ and good SPL. People alwyas want good SQ then you can point to the comps and say see thats whats in here, then people start buying them up left and right:D Well in theory thats what you want at least!!

too bad about the amps, lol.

jk

check out teh Type X's, if they live up to the things I am hearing, then they sould be incredible....

I lvoe the Type R's comps, nice full sounds, clear clean highs and mids, beautiful sounding, and affordable!

Originally posted by audiolife how are you gonna build an spl only monster usin only alpine?

An act of god maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I believe I have him set on my idea of the SQPL monster //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Alpine can get loud. I just don't think they will put up any kind of numbers. Especially in a big a$$ blazer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ramos

5,000+ posts
Still learning
ramos
Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date