q logic kick panels

Participant count
  • Participant list

ace7733
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
ok, I know nothing about kick panels, I'm thinking of getting some however if I get some components and I have a couple of questions

are kickpanels like boxes, where the premade ones are crappy or does it matter?

is the sole purpose of kickpanels to provide a place to put ur speakers and angle them, etc? or do they add to the performance of the speaker somehow (are they anything more than a speaker holder?)

I'm thinking about getting some 3 way jl xr's, the q logic kickpanel I was looking at was for 2 ways and it would hold a tweeter and up to a 5.25 midbass, could I put my tweeter and 4" midbass in the kick panel and put the 6.5 in my stock door location?

I have a 96 chrysler sebring, here is a link to the kickpanels I am referring to: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-aJls4MsBOZS/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=38&g=765&id=detailed_info&i=044K300499

Ive used Q logik kicks in my Civic. They are not any type of enclosure and the only true reason that you would put them in your kicks is for staging/imageing purposes. i have 2 5 1/4's in each door and i put 6 1/2's w/ those Qlogiks in just cause some one gave me them w/ the same brand of mids im running now. They made a pretty noticable difference in the car brightening the mids in the car to at the same level as them loud ass subs in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.