Got a new 12" sub and amp.

the big 3 upgrade and a good battery under the hood, should easily fix your problem. i ran over 1300watts rms on my stock alternator in my bronco 2. didn't dim the lights at all.

That's the exact set-up I used to run, SWR-1242D and the M650. I liked it a lot, to say the least, but I 've moved up since.

For your dimming issues, I would definitely do the Big-3 upgrade w/ 1/0ga wire before anything else. Next up would be a battery upgrade. I really doubt you'd need a H/O alt: I was running the set-up in my 08 Altima w/ a 115A alt and stock batt without any issues. What battery do you have right now?

Autocraft Titanium series. Its a nice battery. As you can see by my diogram, I'm going to do a slot ported box. Any suggestions on box size?
Yeah, I used to have one in my car before this one, it's not bad. I'd say to build the box as large as you reasonably can in that small space. I had mine in a 1.75^3ft. box tuned to 33hz and I liked it (it was built very close to Alpine's spec). If I could have redone it, I would have gone with 2.5 @ 32hz.

there is no way youll need a H/O alty for that setup man. ill be running about 3x that much power soon without one. just do the big 3, and run some nice wire to the amp. Dimming isnt necessarily bad. if your worried pick up a voltmeter and mount it in your car to keep an eye on it. its when your light dimm, and dont go back to full brightness after that you have to worry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tonka

10+ year member
tonka
You're Mom's house
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from