good tuning for everyday driving

Participant count
  • Participant list
oh no.. i barely listen to rock... yea mostly hip hop... quite a bit of dance/euro stuff also...

but seems the 30 hz is still too low ... hmmm ....

if i wanted to tune my box higher... i would have to cut the port eh?

i don't think i'd be able to do it .... I should have went with the pvc pipe.. just i thought it would be more difficult... i'll show u pictures of my box...

getiting my dig camera tommarow!

That size boxed with a tuning of 29Hz should sound really good.

Im mainly into caraudio for the SQ, and tune my boxes to lower frequencies. I usually have luck in maintaining sq while lower the power needed for woofers.

I think your woofer is to blame, instead of the enclosure and its tuning. That woofer is just goin to sound like that.

BTW: Im curious if you have a subsonic filter...and if so, try lower the frequency on it for more punchy bass. Just a little though. Another reason for the sluggish bass will be the points you set your lowpass filter at. For a nice non localized bass, I recommend tunning the the LP filter to 55-85 Hz.

And if your still not satisfied...try building a small sealed enclosure and see how that sounds, that mtx might just not like vented enclosures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.