Good Subs for Affordable Price?

My main concerns when designing an audio setup are to decide:

1). how much space can/will I give up for a box/amp rack (1 x 12 inch sub = 2+ cubes plus port displacement, 2 x 12 inch, or 1 x 15 inch sub = 4+ cubes plus port displacement, etc)

2). how much power can/will I run (If budget is low, definitely keep the power below like 1000 watts or so, lest you need an expensive high output alternator. 2 x 500 watt 12s? 1 x 800-1000 watt 12?, 3 x 300 watt 10s?, etc)

3). Pick sub(s) based on the above 2 answers

dont go fi there good subs but are on a long backorder and customer serv *****

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

if your not trying to just slam 2 sa 8 would be a good option to

In my opinion the Sundown SA is not worth the $80 extra over the Obisdian. Don't let the nuthuggers make you thing it will be substantially better. If you want alot cheaper you could do two Lanzar Pros, I've heard good things about them and they are only like $50 a pop.

grab an obsidian, a hifonics/audiopip amp and a wiring kit, that should be under 400. If you go sundown or any other 180+ woofers, your not going to meet your budget.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

or do the setup in my picture in my sig, that works too

$400 budget huh? Look into The Audio Technix closeout (Had to change their name to CT Sounds) I believe they still have subs and amps left for cheap - 2 - 12" strato D4's and a AT800.1 = Under $400 - You will go over your budget a bit after the enclosure and wiring, but you will have 2 12's instead of 1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html

In my opinion the Sundown SA is not worth the $80 extra over the Obisdian. Don't let the nuthuggers make you thing it will be substantially better. If you want alot cheaper you could do two Lanzar Pros, I've heard good things about them and they are only like $50 a pop.
i like the obsidians im actually gonna throw 2 in my truck and ive also had a sa12 and loved it i saw 4 ob 12s inverted on 2 ns1 strapped there great

Yeah I'm not trying to make it so the whole neighborhood hears my. I just want it for some more bass. I would prefer a 12, to save space, and cause I think it will be enough for ME. I was looking at a Type R or SA12. I'll have to look at some Obsidians and American Bass. I think with a single 12 I can keep my budget and be happy. Hopefully.

Obsidian for the win. Low end beasts small enclosure requirements and cheap on the pocket book. They laugh at those type rs. And they can take double the rms daily if ur careful. Get two if u don't like I'll buy them from u.

What was the setup? A good box and decent power to a well built 8" cam get **** loud. I know people running sa8's can attest to that.
This^^ there was a guy at a local db drag with one SA 8 in a super high output enclosure and everyone thought he was running two 15s in his car.

I agree w xfl if ur doing just 1 sub, u just need to find an amp, decide on a sub first then post another thread for finding a matching amp w ur budget

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.