Good sub setup?

[quote name='nickflores']Well do you think the middle console build right next to me would sound good? Also @princ3cmo, is that Avionixx amp any good?[/QUOTE]

my dad had 2 middle console setups and both sounded great...another member is doing a middle console build for an SQ competition truck..its all in the design...

as for the Avionixx amp, I almost bought a few a while back....they seem to get solid reviews. However, the Dayton HO 10s are single 4 ohm, meaning you need your power at 2 ohms final, so the Kicker is still the better option.

Well do you think the middle console build right next to me would sound good? Also @princ3cmo , is that Avionixx amp any good?
That Avionixx amp looks great for the price he's got it at. 24dB/octave LPF and SSF, good distortion ratings, etc. It would be better than anything you'd be able to find at the price, and I can pretty much guarantee that.

The ICON would sound good and would definitely be louder, but that single cab probably doesn't need much power to be unbearably loud. I think you'd end up enjoying the Daytons more, just because of how beautiful they sound.

EDIT: Mm, I didn't even think about impedance. If you want more power, the Kicker would be the better choice, but if you want better crossover capabilities, I'd go with the Avionixx.

Why would I recommend a bad amp for you man? That just don't make sense...

And the Kicker amp would be better if you want a full 1500w at 2 ohms, I didn't think of that. This one will only do 1000w @ 2ohm. It'll probably be $100 cheaper though, and a hell of a lot less ugly for whatever that's worth haha.

And a console build would take a lot more work, but could be worth it in the end. I think you'd be very pleased with whichever set-ups you decide upon.

I did not even see that they were 4 ohm SVCs. Thanks for pointing that out haha what are some other amps that run high power at 2ohms for about 200?
You're not gonna find any man :\ It's harder to find it at that ohm load.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/543907-kicker-zx1500.html

There's your kicker, at a good price, for $280 shipped. I'd suggest either looking for less power, or raising your budget. I saw a Sundown SAZ1500 for like $250 I think... you might get 1.2k outta it at 2 ohms, since they do a bit more than rated.

I just have never heard of that amp before and wanted to get some different opinions about it. Haha I appreciate it man. Its specs are pretty great for the price. I have never ran any subs before so dont ridicule me for asking, is it bad to under power the subs?

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Also, why would the console build be alot more work?

I just have never heard of that amp before and wanted to get some different opinions about it. Haha I appreciate it man. Its specs are pretty great for the price. I have never ran any subs before so dont ridicule me for asking, is it bad to under power the subs?
Not at all! They wouldn't be quite as loud; that's the only difference.

Also, why would the console build be alot more work?
With a box behind your seats, you probably wouldn't have to have very intricate woodwork, but to make a custom middle console, your design would be a lot more complex, and would take a much larger amount of time and planning.

Now if I get that Avionixx amp, would it be better with an ICON or the Daytons underrated?

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Im having the box made for me so would it matter?

I just have never heard of that amp before and wanted to get some different opinions about it. Haha I appreciate it man. Its specs are pretty great for the price. I have never ran any subs before so dont ridicule me for asking, is it bad to under power the subs?Also, why would the console build be alot more work?
Well you don't have to worry about me recommending junk, that's no help. They're rated at 12v as well if I remember correctly, so you might see closer to 1200w with full voltage (14v), even at 2 ohms.

There's no such thing as under-powering subs... Run however much power you want to them. The RMS rating is just there as a guide-line, or a recommendation not to give them more power than. So no, there's nothing wrong with giving them less.

And this is what I had in mind when you asked about a center-console build: Center Console Sub Enclosure Build - Page 3 - F150online Forums

Skip to page 3 for more of the finished product. Lots of fiber-glassing and what not. If you just wanted to remove your center console and throw a box there, that'd be a lot easier. I might even lean towards the ICON 12 at that point... OR, this Dual Voice coil Dayton 12.... you could run a pair of these at 1 ohm.

Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer 295-467

If you could fit em :\

Now if I get that Avionixx amp, would it be better with an ICON or the Daytons underrated? 

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Well, I'd say with the ICON, you could get a D2 and run it at 1 ohm. With the Daytons, I think even though it'd be a little less power, it might still be louder, just because you'd have more cone area with the pair of 10's.

And yea, if you have a center console box built like I showed... It'd cost like $500 or something at least :p If you just want a simple box made in place of your center console, it might be around the same price, since it'd be smaller, but more intricate.

Well again, the results would be very different with each setup. The Daytons would blend in better with your speakers, but the ICON would probably seem a bit louder and would outshine your speakers.

The Avionixx amp would be fine in either setup.

ok if I can get the funds for that amp before the other guy looking into it, ill get it. IDK what subs im gonna throw at it. I want my substage to compliment my speakers. I hate when it is all bass and you can barely hear the mids and highs.

With proper tuning, that shouldn't be an issue. I've never had a sub right at the center console though, so I have no idea how much louder that might be. It'd be awesome for the sound stage though :p

With either sub set-up, I think you could really benefit with upgraded speakers as well. Certainly that will be down the road, but it's something to look into.

ok if I can get the funds for that amp before the other guy looking into it, ill get it. IDK what subs im gonna throw at it. I want my substage to compliment my speakers. I hate when it is all bass and you can barely hear the mids and highs.
What about a SKAR IVX12?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.