Good sub setup?

the HOs do well sealed and ported
What amp and box do u have planned?

And what type of sound are u going for?
I can't ever mention you. Every time I just use the @, nothing happens, and when I put your name in mention brackets, it doesn't even show up. D:

the HOs do well sealed and ported
What amp and box do u have planned?

And what type of sound are u going for?
I was just about to ask what they sound better in. Im thinking a hifonics brutis 1200.1 or if I can find a kicker zx1500.1 for cheap. As far as box goes it will be custom for sure. Idk if it will be someone on here or local. Depending on the price. I listen to all types of music so a 50/50 SPL/SQ setup would be nice for lows on rap and clean bass on rock.

I was just about to ask what they sound better in. Im thinking a hifonics brutis 1200.1 or if I can find a kicker zx1500.1 for cheap. As far as box goes it will be custom for sure. Idk if it will be someone on here or local. Depending on the price. I listen to all types of music so a 50/50 SPL/SQ setup would be nice for lows on rap and clean bass on rock.
I don't know if you'll have the room for two of them ported. Do you have any measurements you can give us so we have some kind of idea of the space you've got to work with?

From my experience (and your final impedance), I'm gonna say a big fat no to the Brutus amp....Theres a zx1500 in the classifieds right now for a great price.

Sealed and ported both sounded great. Of course, it was louder in ported and the lows (around 30hz) had more presence. Sealed played a little better up high (100hz LPF) but that's not really necessary for most setups...I just tried it for the heck of it and I was experimenting with some things in my system.

If u can, I'd go ported...better to have too much bass than not enough. They're still quick and tight sounding subs that perform well on every song I threw at em. And I DJ on the side and play pretty much ALL types of music.

well if I dont have enough for two ported ill just go two sealed. I dont have dimensions, but ill try to get some tomorrow morning. Do you think this will sound better than a 12in ICON middle console sealed?

Can't say...never had an ICON....but I'm pretty sure the Daytons are more SQ oriented (true SQ) than the ICON...but either will be fine for a nice daily beater that doesnt sound like crap.

From the sound of it, I think you'd like them more ported than sealed. And I'd definitely go with the Kicker between those 2.

I know another guy on here is selling a LNIB Avionixx amp, puts out 1300w @ 1ohm. Great company, great amps. And he's desperate to get rid of it so he's selling it for $160! That might be your best bet if you want to save a good bit of cash.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/526890-fs-avionixx-cxd-2800m-class-d-1ohm-stable-1300wrms%3B-brand-new-unused.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.