Good source for aero style ports?

Participant count
  • Participant list

djdilliodon!

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Anyone know of a good source for aero style ports in multiple sizes and lengths? Prefer the flared style that has holes for screws. Seems many places I have found are either out of size or only offer up to 4” size. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Exactly what I’m looking for! Just need the ports longer, I’ll send them an email see if they can include extra extensions so it will match what I need. Thanks!

Big ass ports and psp-inc

I've got a 6inch big ass port I'd be willing to sell at a slight loss. Never glued only taped, never painted and you can't really tell where it's been screwed in

Big ass ports and psp-inc

I've got a 6inch big ass port I'd be willing to sell at a slight loss. Never glued only taped, never painted and you can't really tell where it's been screwed in

I need the 8” (4 of them) and I need longer than they come for this. 6” won’t work 😞

Just go with PVC and be done with it. I'd like to see some meter scores that pitted PVC and flared aeroport against each other.

The scores should be the same the port velocity should be the same but the port noise is the difference. Square edges create turbulence and thus noise.

You might gain a very slight bit of efficiency but ports are literally resistance tuning so I don't see how it really could effect efficiency

The scores should be the same the port velocity should be the same but the port noise is the difference. Square edges create turbulence and thus noise.

You might gain a very slight bit of efficiency but ports are literally resistance tuning so I don't see how it really could effect efficiency

I was running 3" pvc out of each side of my 1" mdf box (separate chambers) in 1989 and never heard port noise.

Just go with PVC and be done with it. I'd like to see some meter scores that pitted PVC and flared aeroport against each other.

ain’t easy finding 8” pvc and to flare it I’m sure some mold would be needed. I got no issue spending the money, I just want something I can paint, mount, and be done. This setup will be 16-17 cubic feet tuned at 30hz for 4 15’s in a wall on 10k. Gonna be some time before I get this one done but I wanna start accumulating everything now, perfect reason to spend money 😂

I was running 3" pvc out of each side of my 1" mdf box (separate chambers) in 1989 and never heard port noise.

And you failed to mention airspace of the box or the sub and power you were running. In 89 most subs were extremely low xmax meaning very little air displacement per cube on top of what was likely a fairly low power set up.

Every setup is different. And port noise can be muffled or masked by vehicle interiors and vehicle resonance as well as road noise and engine noise. Bass is often louder than the port noise as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...