Good Setup?

I am not trying to spend over $600 on my setup. I'm a newbie to car audio but not to Cars. I just want something to be able to take out 2 kicker 15 CVRs. I already have the Kenwood Stereo I posted a link to, I have the stock 93 mustang speakers that came from the factory.

I know when I hear the rhytmless pounding and booming coming from the vehicle sitting behind me at the drive through or while I'm sitting in stop and go traffic I think to myself how awesome it is and hope I will be stuck near it for as long as possible.

Seriously, please, I'm begging you... at least take the time to re-locate or secure your tire jack, empty your trunk of loose tools and other items, and throw down a layer or two of dynamat. The only thing worse than an obnoxious ground pounder is one that punctuates itself with loud rattles and vibrations.

I know when I hear the rhytmless pounding and booming coming from the vehicle sitting behind me at the drivethrough or while I'm sitting in stop and go traffic I think to myself how awesome it is and hope I will be stuck near it for as long as possible.
Seriously, please, I'm begging you... at least take the time to re-locate or secure your tire jack, empty your trunk of loose tools and other items, and throw down a layeror two of dynamat. The only thing worse than obnoxious ground pounder is one that punctuates itself with loud rattles and vibrations.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I actually experienced this yesterday evening. It sounded like a ton of marbles dropping onto sheet metal lol.

I am not trying to spend over $600 on my setup. I'm a newbie to car audio but not to Cars. I just want something to be able to take out 2 kicker 15 CVRs. I already have the Kenwood Stereo I posted a link to, I have the stock 93 mustang speakers that came from the factory.
Lol Having trouble taking out your newb friend's 2 cvr 15's? With a $600 spending limit you wont achive that.

What do you guys think about the Alpine Type R 12's or the JBL 12's?
On the right track. Alpine Type R's are decent subs and they will take some abuse. All of the subs are in the same ballpark, but if you're looking for a great sounding system, I suggest: getting two 12" type R's, find a decent 1000 watt RMS amp, have someone here build you a nice ported box, and upgrade your electrical system to handle the wattage.

Believe me, I've owned every cheap piece of **** brand out there. I've learned a lot about car audio, but I guarantee you none of my cheap sounding **** lasted more than 3 months in my car before I had to upgrade.

Some final advice: this is the absolute worst place to ask for advice to build a $200 system with two 15 Pyles and a 2000 watt max lanzer amp. Half of the people on here have $1000+ systems and they love the fact that they have nice sounding ****.

On the right track. Alpine Type R's are decent subs and they will take some abuse. All of the subs are in the same ballpark, but if you're looking for a great sounding system, I suggest: getting two 12" type R's, find a decent 1000 watt RMS amp, have someone here build you a nice ported box, and upgrade your electrical system to handle the wattage.
Believe me, I've owned every cheap piece of **** brand out there. I've learned a lot about car audio, but I guarantee you none of my cheap sounding **** lasted more than 3 months in my car before I had to upgrade.

Some final advice: this is the absolute worst place to ask for advice to build a $200 system with two 15 Pyles and a 2000 watt max lanzer amp. Half of the people on here have $1000+ systems and they love the fact that they have nice sounding ****.

Awww, someone's upset they dont make a lot of money. Lol

Awww, someone's upset they dont make a lot of money. Lol
...yet. It's hard when you're a college student and you'd rather drink, lol.

edit: and I think it's great that this forum supports a lot of the enthusiast/high end stuff. This place has really cleaned up compared to like a year or two ago.

...yet. It's hard when you're a college student and you'd rather drink, lol.
edit: and I think it's great that this forum supports a lot of the enthusiast/high end stuff. This place has really cleaned up compared to like a year or two ago.
i have a nice system, go to college and drink alot, but i dont complain

Props to you. Glad you can afford to do that.
I'm not complaining at all. I just think you took my previous comments the wrong way.
maybe i did. you just have to put in work if you want a nice system. and get a good credit card lol.

if you do all your own installs and look for deals on good used equipment you can do it for cheap.

maybe i did. you just have to put in work if you want a nice system. and get a good credit card lol.
if you do all your own installs and look for deals on good used equipment you can do it for cheap.
No worries, I'm not one to start stuff on a forum. I just do my best to help others and be as honest and upfront as possible.

As for car audio at college. It's just a hobby for me. I honestly don't have that much time to work on it. I'm in a fraternity, in a few clubs, have a gf, trying to get an internship...all of that time adds up. On top of trying to save a little bit of my money, I usually just sit back and try and find the best deals I can, when I can.

fyi, I had all of my cheap stuff in highschool, when I was new to car audio and had a more disposable income. I had a lot of budget builds, lol. I've learned a lot since then, especially about electronics, wiring, and "handywork". I do it for the learning as much as for anything else.

No worries, I'm not one to start stuff on a forum. I just do my best to help others and be as honest and upfront as possible.

As for car audio at college. It's just a hobby for me. I honestly don't have that much time to work on it. I'm in a fraternity, in a few clubs, have a gf, trying to get an internship...all of that time adds up. On top of trying to save a little bit of my money, I usually just sit back and try and find the best deals I can, when I can.

fyi, I had all of my cheap stuff in highschool, when I was new to car audio and had a more disposable income. I had a lot of budget builds, lol. I've learned a lot since then, especially about electronics, wiring, and "handywork". I do it for the learning as much as for anything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.