will this work??

Participant count
  • Participant list
4 channel 1000 watt MA audio amp.... 2 12" kicker ocmpvrs

*friend hookd me up wit da amp.

so will it be ok?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

can you by any chance explain this "bridged"...

i hear it here and there.... but imma rookie... so when i hear it, i jus nod my head and smile.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

bridged is when you combine two channels into 1...

the + of one channel and the - of antoehr...

basically, making 2 chanels into 1.. this will generally double to power output...

which amp exactly?

first up, yes, it can be bridged...

take a peek at the stats where is rates the pwoer.. first lists it as 4x howevermany watts... then 2 x howevermany watts,,, for future reference, thats how you tell...

ok, so basically....

which subs?

and yes, it would be a good idea to upgrade your ground and power wire to 4 awg wire depending on the ohm load youwill be running, i need to know what subs, and what voice coild configuration.

perfect...

wire each sub in parallel, showing the amp a final 2 ohm load... bridge teh amp down to 2 channels... (bridge each channel as per the wiring instructions provided witht eh amp..)

wire 1 sub to each channel.....

giving the amp a final 2 ohm stereo load, sending each driver 300 RMS i beleive.

where did you find the specs on this amp?

and would i still need to upgrade wiring if imonly running 300 rms to each sub?

that link you provided me....

you really shoudlnt need to upgrade your wiring in this case.... never a bad idea, but you will be able to get away without it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chinxtaboi

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
chinxtaboi
tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date