Good links for modding a DIN

Cieprus
10+ year member

Nashua
Im gonna hve to cut out part of the DIN to accomodate my HU.

Its in a wierd shape, Its a double din. THe bottom will fit the HU, but I want it on hte upper portion obviously. But the top part of hte DIN slopes downwards from the top. Here is a crapy side view.

/`````

````

----------

Get it? Kinda gay uh?

So does anyone have any good links??

Thanks

I have a number to a place in Cali. somewhere in my shop. They Manuf. custom stuff like this. It will save you time and money. I haven't used them in over 3 yrs. so I can't remember if I have it or not. But you call them up tell them what kind of car you have and what you want to do, along with other info. and they'll ship it to you. Takes about 3 - 6 weeks to get it. It replaces the entire trim peice where your HU mounts, if you have the room behind it.

I think he meant his car is a single and his HU is a double, not sure??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by Goddyd4me or you could get a mounting kit from like walmart or an audio store
no he means that the HU won't fit b/c the top part of his DIN opening is slanted...check out the diagram.

your other option is to mount it in the bottom part of the DIN and save yourself some money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.