Good Ground??

DJSEVEN
10+ year member

oK SO i DID THE Big 3 yesterday and now it seems that my Amp is straining for power.

I ran 1 gauge for everything and have 0 running to the Amp and Amp Ground.

My Ground for the Battery Chasis is to the Strut!

A Kinetic 1400 bat

I grinded down the paint to bare metal before grounding!

Is this a good enough ground? I thought it would be but Now my amp is strainging (not hitting like normal) and it was fine with the Stock setup.

Any Ideas???

Did you leave the original 3 wires? I believe you are supposed to add the 1/0 to the existing wiring. But I have not done it myself, I only speak from memory of the info that I read.

Did you leave the original 3 wires? I believe you are supposed to add the 1/0 to the existing wiring. But I have not done it myself, I only speak from memory of the info that I read.
ya.. just add the big 3 overtop of your factory wiring

LOL..no i did the big 3.

Alt Pos,

ground to engine block

Ground to strut

I did not upgrade my alt but it was working fine for the past 3 months and as soon as i did this upgrade it was lacking power!!

I took off all the factory wire except the wire to my starter.

LOL..no i did the big 3. Alt Pos,

ground to engine block

Ground to strut

I did not upgrade my alt but it was working fine for the past 3 months and as soon as i did this upgrade it was lacking power!!

I took off all the factory wire except the wire to my starter.
That was a mistake

I followed the Maxxsonics guide on youtube and he threw away all the factory wire.
And look where it got you...

I'm telling you, you need to simply ADD to the factory wiring. Leaving it in place will do no harm, but if you remove it, and screw something up, your left scratching your head, like you are right now.

DAM.... its all gone now!

I did notice this as well on the Big 3 thread on CA.

"Each wire serves its own special purpose, so you need to upgrade/replace all three for maximum potential of this mod."

Thank you...i will try to recover the wire...man it was hell to get that wire on last night!

I had to remove all kinds of crap to get to a lot of these connections!

woah woah woah...Your running a Crunch 3kw amp at 1/2 ohm on your stock alt with one battery? Your going to have bigger problems than the big 3 man...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.