Good Ground??

I read on another forum that different notes may cause the ohms to drop or rise even with box rise..so the amp can still be seeing .5ohms at moments which is not good for the amp if its stable at those loads...
Impedance will only rise, never drop.

heres a clue....i ALSO have a crunch gp3000 running it at 1 ohm. i have a 200amp alt, kinetik 1200 under hood, and a 165ah battery in the back. my voltage still drops to 13.4ish at full tilt. you should start with getting a high output alternator. batteries are band aids where as alternators actually heal the cut.

heres a clue....i ALSO have a crunch gp3000 running it at 1 ohm. i have a 200amp alt, kinetik 1200 under hood, and a 165ah battery in the back. my voltage still drops to 13.4ish at full tilt. you should start with getting a high output alternator. batteries are band aids where as alternators actually heal the cut.
That's not really accurate. Doesn't matter what alternator you have, if you don't have the battery bank to back it up you can still blow an amp. You need both, they work together. Upgrading one is great but upgrading both is ideal.

That's not really accurate. Doesn't matter what alternator you have, if you don't have the battery bank to back it up you can still blow an amp. You need both, they work together. Upgrading one is great but upgrading both is ideal.
oh yeah no doubt, its not one or the other. but some people like to think 3 batteries is better then an 1 alternator and lets say 1 battery. it also depends on the type of car u have. my stock alternator was 130amp which aint bad at all....

oh yeah no doubt, its not one or the other. but some people like to think 3 batteries is better then an 1 alternator and lets say 1 battery. it also depends on the type of car u have. my stock alternator was 130amp which aint bad at all....
It seriously makes me laugh when people say things like this. You think when they were designing your car, they sat around and thought "Hey, you know what, let's put a larger alternator in there so consumers will have more power for audio systems"? Hell no, you have a larger alternator because your car draws more current. The stock alternator is designed to handle the car's load and that's it. Of course theres some head room in there but they're not going to be in a larger alternator for no reason. So just because your stock alt is a little larger than others, doesn't mean you have any extra power to play with...

oh it makes u laugh...when i got my alternator tested i had the heat on high, high beams on, music at 1/3 volume and @ 2k rpm's it drew about 25-30 amps. like i said...THATS NOT BAD AT ALL.

Guys it wont blow the amp it will fry the alt if its too much load. You cant use 20 batteries on a stock alt and expect it to not over work the alternator charging that all up.

Also if your equipment is effiecent stuff like top brands, it is waaaaay different than running 30 pyramid amps that are only drawing .5A anyways lol.

Yeah it is fixed. I ended up changing my ground last night on my amp to a better wire (Memphis 0 gauge) and put it to a way better ground on the car.

I also was then able to turn my amp up a little more and it is working very good and clean. I think the main problem was that the Kinetic 1400 under the hood lost juice when taken out of the car for the BIG 3 upgrade. so then when i was pounding it it was already drained.

I ran my car for a few hours without sounds and it was fine!

Thanks for everyones help. I am getting another Kinetic 2400 for the rear, but I cant use it in Street B class Db Drag so that stinks.

Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.