Good Front Stage for a Jeep?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Watch at DIYMA there is always a TON of barely used components going up for sale for half what they went for. Some are up there now that went for 1100 new and going for 800 shipped. That place is a gold mine for good quality equipment. Heck I was given a PPI i520.4 Korean 4 channel that only cost me 15 bucks in shipping. Barely used and still had the plastic on it! Stuff like that happens all the time over there. Classifieds are always jumping there unlike here.
Right on! Thanks for the heads up, duly appreciated.

Lemme know if you have any 4-5K amplifiers that would be cheap enough @audiobaun ,lol. I am being hit with a 350 dollar repair bill mon with the steering gear blowing up and with carpal tunnel I can't change it myself so that money killed my Cab-45 money. So still looking for an amplifier though maybe with July's money. So I still need something better then this SIA 3.5K I have for those Fi Xv3's as they are just craving more power big time.

Also I am not a fan of CDT 6.5s at least not mine. I have a set of 2 ohm MO-6s with little to no time on them and from day one they just do not sound clear no matter what I do and they are on a Pioneer GM-D8704. Now the Stevens even on a bench sound better.

If I had to do another set of 6.5s I would look at the Stevens Audio. He sells through facebook and you can contact him easily. His stuff is widely known and he has a ton of options in sizes. And will answer any ?s you have on any of his stuff and he tests like no other. Also they are not that expensive imho and ignore his website link don't think it works anymore. GL!

What are the cdt MO-6’s? I’ve never heard of those before?

Edit: I found them! Yea those are definitely something new that came out not long ago. With cdt it’s best to stick with the HD and ES lines along with the unity drivers. Also most cdt midbass drivers really need to be sealed in order to have decent lower end extension. They will do well IB but the output below 100hz will definitely suffer (can be different depending on car).

Been out a couple years at this point. Got them last year from ANS for 100 bucks shipped on DIYMA. Everything is deadened with second skin, in a Explorer and also has speaker baffles sealing tight against the door panel. They don't sound bad just not as clear as the Stevens by far. Few people I have talked to are not impressed with anything CDT including the HD and ES lines. Idk to each their own.

Stevens Audio did a lot of designs that the old school stuff used. He knows what he is doing. Kinda like Zed with his amplifier designs being in a ton of stuff. Just on the bench test the Stevens sound so much clearer, more mid-bass and overall just a better make of a 6.5 mid-bass. Might even order a set of his tweeters down the line.
How do they compare to the Savards ? I thought about trying a set of 6.5s. But Hell, Ive got a crap load as it is. Ive been Eyeballing them though

Lemme know if you have any 4-5K amplifiers that would be cheap enough @audiobaun ,lol. I am being hit with a 350 dollar repair bill mon with the steering gear blowing up and with carpal tunnel I can't change it myself so that money killed my Cab-45 money. So still looking for an amplifier though maybe with July's money. So I still need something better then this SIA 3.5K I have for those Fi Xv3's as they are just craving more power big time.

Also I am not a fan of CDT 6.5s at least not mine. I have a set of 2 ohm MO-6s with little to no time on them and from day one they just do not sound clear no matter what I do and they are on a Pioneer GM-D8704. Now the Stevens even on a bench sound better.

If I had to do another set of 6.5s I would look at the Stevens Audio. He sells through facebook and you can contact him easily. His stuff is widely known and he has a ton of options in sizes. And will answer any ?s you have on any of his stuff and he tests like no other. Also they are not that expensive imho and ignore his website link don't think it works anymore. GL!

The HD series and the Eurosports are what I like in the CDT line up.Braxal Sets are Convenient and do get down and sound pretty clean Tuned in. I did not like my CL series though, Image Dynamics are my cup of tea on the SQ sde as well as some of the older Dayton Audio Vifta25 tweets and 6 mids/woofers and Digital Designs mids.Most of the time Ill run Autotek BTS amps like the 7204,a 7300, or a couple 7150s

I like the velcro idea, and nothing sounds better than a comp setup. What do you recommend in a 6.5 comp set? And hit me up with the 4 channel amps your going to let go of with make model and price, PM is cool.
Honestly?? For the $. These are some pretty great sounding speakers, Especially if you put them in the Plastic Baffles. You may search and find a better price than A.Zon. Ive bought from Audio Savings without any issues
Just drill at the rear bottom a 1/4" hole so if water enters the cavity it drains

I like the velcro idea, and nothing sounds better than a comp setup. What do you recommend in a 6.5 comp set? And hit me up with the 4 channel amps your going to let go of with make model and price, PM is cool.
LOL. Back in the day when Pyramid tweeters were available in my area(out in the Sticks/60 miles to the closest Audio shop) and making Beans to pay for 0.89 cent gas, I used Duct tape placed on the dash until I found some little sharp grabber screws.Those went right in to the metal A pillar in my 87 Toyo Truck. Took some elbow grease as there were no cordless drills then, and I couldnt afford a drill at the time from Kmart. LOL

He has some really nice looking gear! But his component sets are $589 to $699 respectively and that's out of my budget at this time, just too many irons in the fire at the moment.
Thanks man, I made some sacrifices to get them, and other gear. Those will be put back in next year when I get settled back down moving. ATM I am running a set of older Polk Audio Carbon Fiber Coax, and an older set of Hertz 165 Coax on an Exacution Audio 60.4. ( they could prob use a little more Hd Room but do just fine for now)and a set of old Kicker KS25 tweets on an Autotek Mean Machine 44. Ill run any speaker to be honest..Lanzar to me still make some decent speakers if you look. These get down pretty good. I like them.
Ive even ran these and wer happy with the performance believe it or not. Got to love an Indash EQ

Stevens Audio did a lot of designs that the old school stuff used. He knows what he is doing. Kinda like Zed with his amplifier designs being in a ton of stuff. Just on the bench test the Stevens sound so much clearer, more mid-bass and overall just a better make of a 6.5 mid-bass. Might even order a set of his tweeters down the line.
Ive3 got one of my first Autotek Amplifiers Class A that still works great man, Steve has made some really Beautiful amps over the years for sure,

Watch at DIYMA there is always a TON of barely used components going up for sale for half what they went for. Some are up there now that went for 1100 new and going for 800 shipped. That place is a gold mine for good quality equipment. Heck I was given a PPI i520.4 Korean 4 channel that only cost me 15 bucks in shipping. Barely used and still had the plastic on it! Stuff like that happens all the time over there. Classifieds are always jumping there unlike here.
STAND CLEAR OF THE HERTZ COMPONENTS being sold on there. Apparently there are some issues with Ticking noises from the mids. Slapping of the Cones or ? I believe there is a thread on them to read upon.

This was so much easier back in 1998 LOL. You bought MB Quartz or Boston Acoustics and that was game over. I'm glad to see all these new business's though, made audio much more affordable. I remember when amps were $1 a watt and subs were similarly priced.
It deff wasnt easier for me when I started(showing my Old Age for sure LOL). No RCAs, Had to use a lot of wiring, masking tap, and a good Bic pen, All High Level Inputs to get an amplifier in. Took a good day or two :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...