Good Front Stage for a Jeep?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
I just ordered a set of 4" Polk db's for my rollbar, it only accepts 4". I am confused on what to do for my 5.25" set in the front though. I have very limited places to put speakers without building stuff. How many speakers do I need to have a decent front stage? I can come up with room behind the seats on the roll bars with pods, but that puts them right with the sub. Right now everything sounds "tinny" to me. I am also thinking about grabbing a decent 4 channel for my mids.

If you are looking at 6.5 Coax. Id run these any day of the week before any S.D. product. I wouldnt but a screw from S.D. Look elsewhere. Owner made a smat azz comment about raising prices without giving two shitts! for the working man/individuals. Such a douche bag!!! Fvk S.Down!! As well as Skarbage!! Id run Pyle before those Jokers! Other tan that..
Infinity Kappas , Polk Audio, CDT, Image Dynamics, Cresendo, NVX, even some SoundQubed maybe, or CT Sounds even, Incriminator A.,JBL to name a few

Whats the Budget? And are you wanting 5.25? or 6.5s? Components or Coax? Are you going to be using an amplifier or just HU only?

Whats the Budget? And are you wanting 5.25? or 6.5s? Components or Coax? Are you going to be using an amplifier or just HU only?
I am thinking of going 6.5 as the formed enclosure will accept that. I really do not have a good spot to mount tweeters that's why I was thinking coax. I also need to stay water resistant, that's why I was also looking at Polk's db lineup. I also watched some reviews on Polk and they seem to stack up well for a coax. And right now I would say I'm around $150 for a set because I need a new sub amp. I have an old mtx 280 thunder that's good for 80x2 at 2 ohms and it's clean power. I will also have the sfb600 I could use for the set but that would be overkill lol. I was thinking of buying a nice little 4 channel that was 4x100 ish.

I am thinking of going 6.5 as the formed enclosure will accept that. I really do not have a good spot to mount tweeters that's why I was thinking coax. I also need to stay water resistant, that's why I was also looking at Polk's db lineup. I also watched some reviews on Polk and they seem to stack up well for a coax. And right now I would say I'm around $150 for a set because I need a new sub amp. I have an old mtx 280 thunder that's good for 80x2 at 2 ohms and it's clean power. I will also have the sfb600 I could use for the set but that would be overkill lol. I was thinking of buying a nice little 4 channel that was 4x100 ish.
Ive got about 50+ amps and Ill be unloading them in next two weeks all over FB sites and maybe even Ebay that a couple may work for you? The Polk DB like is very nice as well as the MM series. The KappaCoax. are very nice for the $ as well in 6.5s. Tweeters in the Component set you can Use Extreme Velcro and place them ? Use the Grabe spike side in the bottom of the tweeter and the fuzzy on your mounting location. Stuff hold like 75Lbs.

Lemme know if you have any 4-5K amplifiers that would be cheap enough @audiobaun ,lol. I am being hit with a 350 dollar repair bill mon with the steering gear blowing up and with carpal tunnel I can't change it myself so that money killed my Cab-45 money. So still looking for an amplifier though maybe with July's money. So I still need something better then this SIA 3.5K I have for those Fi Xv3's as they are just craving more power big time.

Also I am not a fan of CDT 6.5s at least not mine. I have a set of 2 ohm MO-6s with little to no time on them and from day one they just do not sound clear no matter what I do and they are on a Pioneer GM-D8704. Now the Stevens even on a bench sound better.

If I had to do another set of 6.5s I would look at the Stevens Audio. He sells through facebook and you can contact him easily. His stuff is widely known and he has a ton of options in sizes. And will answer any ?s you have on any of his stuff and he tests like no other. Also they are not that expensive imho and ignore his website link don't think it works anymore. GL!

Ive got about 50+ amps and Ill be unloading them in next two weeks all over FB sites and maybe even Ebay that a couple may work for you? The Polk DB like is very nice as well as the MM series. The KappaCoax. are very nice for the $ as well in 6.5s. Tweeters in the Component set you can Use Extreme Velcro and place them ? Use the Grabe spike side in the bottom of the tweeter and the fuzzy on your mounting location. Stuff hold like 75Lbs.
I like the velcro idea, and nothing sounds better than a comp setup. What do you recommend in a 6.5 comp set? And hit me up with the 4 channel amps your going to let go of with make model and price, PM is cool.

Stevens Audio did a lot of designs that the old school stuff used. He knows what he is doing. Kinda like Zed with his amplifier designs being in a ton of stuff. Just on the bench test the Stevens sound so much clearer, more mid-bass and overall just a better make of a 6.5 mid-bass. Might even order a set of his tweeters down the line.

Lemme know if you have any 4-5K amplifiers that would be cheap enough @audiobaun ,lol. I am being hit with a 350 dollar repair bill mon with the steering gear blowing up and with carpal tunnel I can't change it myself so that money killed my Cab-45 money. So still looking for an amplifier though maybe with July's money. So I still need something better then this SIA 3.5K I have for those Fi Xv3's as they are just craving more power big time.

Also I am not a fan of CDT 6.5s at least not mine. I have a set of 2 ohm MO-6s with little to no time on them and from day one they just do not sound clear no matter what I do and they are on a Pioneer GM-D8704. Now the Stevens even on a bench sound better.

If I had to do another set of 6.5s I would look at the Stevens Audio. He sells through facebook and you can contact him easily. His stuff is widely known and he has a ton of options in sizes. And will answer any ?s you have on any of his stuff and he tests like no other. Also they are not that expensive imho and ignore his website link don't think it works anymore. GL!

He has some really nice looking gear! But his component sets are $589 to $699 respectively and that's out of my budget at this time, just too many irons in the fire at the moment.

Don't have to buy component sets. Buy a set of 6.5 mid-bass like the ones I have and then buy a set of tweeters which is what I did and go active. I got lucky with my Stevens on DIYMA and paid 120 for the set shipped and 40 for the tweeters which are the Alpine XT-25 copies that people love and I can see why after playing them just once. Build a set like that and the costs go down.

This was so much easier back in 1998 LOL. You bought MB Quartz or Boston Acoustics and that was game over. I'm glad to see all these new business's though, made audio much more affordable. I remember when amps were $1 a watt and subs were similarly priced.

Watch at DIYMA there is always a TON of barely used components going up for sale for half what they went for. Some are up there now that went for 1100 new and going for 800 shipped. That place is a gold mine for good quality equipment. Heck I was given a PPI i520.4 Korean 4 channel that only cost me 15 bucks in shipping. Barely used and still had the plastic on it! Stuff like that happens all the time over there. Classifieds are always jumping there unlike here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...