Good, bad and recomended brands according to RealmOfExcursion.com

Slaugh
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Moron
i dont know, found this interesting and i just thought id share this with you althought it's most likely to be a repost but well...

http://caraudio911.realmofexcursion.com/tutorials/brands.htm

ok, it's not everything to be based on while buying car audio, but it could come in handy for most noob people (like me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif )...

and for those lazy to click

Newbies Guide to Brand Selection

By AdireRulesForever

This topic i guess is somewhat opinionated, but for newbies to the hobby, this would be a good thing to refer to when buying equipment.

I've put this into three sections:

Bad

Moderate

Recommended

Bad

* American HiFi (Rockwood)

* American Pro

* Audiovox

* Boss

* DHD

* JDL

* Jensen

* Kenwood (speakers)

* Kraco

* Kronik

* LA Sound

* Legacy

* OptimusPlanet Audio

* Power Acoustik

* Pyle

* Pyramid

* Rockwood

* Sherwood

* Sony (amplifiers, speakers)

* Sound Storm

* Sparkomatic

* SPL Audio

* Thump

* Ultimate Sounds

* Visonik

* Volfenhag

Moderate

* Alpine (amplifiers and speakers)

* Audiobahn

* Blaupunkt

* Aiwa

* Crunch

* Hifonics

* Hollywood

* Kenwood (amplifiers, head units)

* Lanzar

* Lightning Audio

* MA Audio

* Matsui

* MTX

* Panasonic

* Pioneer (amplifiers and speakers)

* Precision Power (PPI) (newer amps)

* Rockford Fosgate

* Sony (HUs

Recommended

* a/d/s

* Adire

* Alpine (head units, signal processors)

* Altec Lansing

* Alumapro

* Ample Audio

* Arc Audio

* Audio Control

* Audio Development

* Audax

* Boston Acoustics

* Brax

* Butler Audio

* Cerwin Vega

* CD Technologies (CDT)

* Clarion

* Crossfire

* Crystal

* Diamond Audio

* Digital Designs (DD)

* Directed (DEI)

* DynAudio

* Earthquake

* Eaton

* Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten)

* Focal

* Harrison Labs

* Helix

* Illusion

* Image Dynamics

* Infinity

* JBL (amplifiers)

* JL Audio

* JVC Digifine

* Kicker

* Kove

* Lunar

* Luxman

* MB Quart

* McIntosh Laboratories

* Memphis Audio

* MMATS

* Morel

* MTX (amplifiers)

* Nakamichi

* Orion

* OZ Audio

* Phoenix Gold (some models)

* Pioneer Premiere

* Polk Audio

* Precision Power (PPI) (Art & Power series amps, old)

* Rainbow

* Rockford Fosgate (some models)

* Sinfoni

* Soundstream

* USAcoustics

* US Amps

* Xtant

* Zapco

is there something to discuss about this brand?

i think they forgot to classify other brands like Beyma (if you guys have this in the US, they're pretty famous where i live at least heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

Rest assured, Power Acoustik is in the wrong section, along with lightning audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

these should not be in bad. they all make some decent amps (visonik has some NASTY high wattage amps) and poweracoustick makes some decent subs too.

Power Acoustik

Visonik

id take these out of the middle section, and put them all in the first section beside alpine, who would go in the bottom section.

Crunch

hollywood

Audiobahn

Sony

Alpine

id take these out of the bottom and put them in the middle.

Cerwin Vega

Earthquake

Kove

and there are ALOT more that should go in the first list...

id take these out of the bottom and put them in the middle.

Cerwin Vega

Earthquake

Kove

and there are ALOT more that should go in the first list...

Kove and CV make solid equipment. Might not be "audiophile", but solid none-the-less. I would recommend them.

Kove and CV make solid equipment. Might not be "audiophile", but solid none-the-less. I would recommend them.
thats why they are in the middle.

mr kove (with all due respect) was a douchebag (or so i have read) and his buisness practices (like earthquake) were far from standard, or so i hear.

and cerwin vega, they do make some ok stuff, but alot of it is aimed at the entrance level consumer (speakers and crap) right? and some is top end (stroker classic, new stroker pro?) and for the mid-level stuff. i hate how it looks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

this is why there are bad, ok, and recommended brackets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and this is all IMO - if you think otherwise, thats cool too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm extremely baffled as to how JBL's amps made the top list, Unless we are talking Crowns and what not I don't see them as being some of the best amps...

i thought JBL made one of the very very best amps out there... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

yea. the jbl crown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

they have good stuff tho, their GTO amps are awesome, their old 1200.1's are sweet.

id recommned their equipment.

yea. the jbl crown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
they have good stuff tho, their GTO amps are awesome, their old 1200.1's are sweet.

id recommned their equipment.
I'm not denying they don't make decent stuff. I feel its misleading being put in that category. Especially when this is directed towards newbs that will mostly be looking at lower lines.

I'm not denying they don't make decent stuff. I feel its misleading being put in that category. Especially when this is directed towards newbs that will mostly be looking at lower lines.
jbl makes great amps, the bpx and gto series are solid....

you cant classify this stuff, every brand name has entry leve; and "top of the line" stuff....

RF is in the middle even though they make (stamp their name on) one of the best SPL subs available and make some of the baddest amps on the market..

Mmats as a whole...***** imo, but their on the top list, so...

dude..add Infinity and JBL speakers/subs to recommened //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imo.gif.3a57bcc70a4835dc53e86ffae1a0b041.gif

but like Inhuman said you cant really classify anything...just something to think about..

You can too classify them! Take every brand in there, and toss them in the "loudspeaker with motor, spider, and cone" section. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.