Good Amps??

If dual 6 ohm they're w6v1 old school not v2. Great subs tho! Either 1 or 4 ohm will work no difference in sound, given both are nice amps. That being said, what's your budget for the amp?

U MIGHT be able to find a 1000/1 for that and run em at 4 ohms. Id say go old school all the way bro. Find a good old school Rockford or kicker amp and bridge em at 4 ohms, will possibly pull a bit of current though. If ya wanna go newer, look for a nice Alpine pdx 1000.1 or a Rockford t1000

Okay, sorry for asking this, but why wire 4 ohms instead of 1? Stability of the amp?
Pretty much. Slash series amps do power from 4 down to 1.5 not 1 ohm iirc. Alpine pdx also wire to 4 ohms. Rockford 1 ohm stable. All still 1000rms. And those subs can still take more, trust me......I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Nope only stable down to 2 ohms. You'll need the actual "slash series" if ya wanna go JL. Used ofcourse. If you're looking to buy new.....I'm not exactly sure....I'm not really a fan of budget amps like audiopipe and hifonics. But people say they do rated power....its a thought

Okay, well I will look around and see what I can find. I probably won't be able to afford the 1000/1, but I will try to find something that will work. Thanks for the help

Any brand name that's price is .75-1.00 per watt.... (/////Alpine, JL, Rockford, etc...). If you're getting 1000 watts for 300.00, you're buying junk. Make sure you use big power cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.