Good 500 RMS Amp?

I think my favorite amp to date was an older RF T1000 I got off CL for 100 bucks. I loved it! But I had better electrical in my car at that time. Now I only run around 500 or less. Only have an 8 gauge amp kit in the car and too lazy to change it. Lol! Besides if you get a decent set-up with a couple 10s or 12s in a good custom ported box the output going from 500rms to 1000 rms isn't that much by ear anyway.
I heard good things about those T1000's running with a 1 ohm load. I thought the threshold was like just over 800 watts. I got a 6 ch amp, rare, running with small .3cf volume sealed box. I have no room unless I take space buy or build a custom box for a dual sealed or ported box. I am getting the Alpine Alpine - 8" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer with Enclosure - SBR-S83V it will be an upgrade for me and something I can pass in the family if I decide to go with a dual ported set up later on. Probably a sundown 8 ported will go deeper and hit harder than many 10's and 12's

FYI It seems like PPI's are having some issues. More info here
PPI Phantom line are some of the cleanest and most reliable amps. I have been tracking the PPI Phantom discussion from back in 2011 when Grizz Archer (back then a PPI employee) was active on the PPI Phantom and Black Ice discussion thread. I think I have seen maybe only two or three times someone mention that their amp was defective.

We can still count the number of people with problems with the P900.4 on one hand. Two of these people are my customers and one of them declined my offer to replace his amp under warranty despite it being past the 90 days warranty window. I may never know what actually happened in that situation. There are thousands of these amps out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.