Good 18" subs for around $350

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I was thinking about doing a budget 4-12 build for a SUV(the build will be a suv. But me being so keen to single sub setups and my single 18 builds have been my favorites from all the setups i have done and been the most impressive IMO. I did pretty decent numbers with both setups and those setups where on less power then i have now.

So im curious of what 18" subs are available for around $350(less is better though lol).

I will have 3k on tap before rise(i assume as it was tested to do just shy of it clean from a few people). I will be running at .5ohm were the amp is rated, electrical will not be a issue as i will beef it up, enclosure space will also not be a issue. Would like a sub that will perform well in enclosures on the smaller side. Example: i know hdc3's like larger enclosures but i had one in about 5.5 net on about id say 1k due to electrical/rise and it performed well for me. i know alot will disagree but it did good for me.

So yea just looking for 18" subs in the 350 range. i already know SQ Hdc3's are in that range of course. BUT im looking for others.

ideas?

There is an Eclipse Titanium 18 in the FS section. I think he's asking like 400 shipped.
hm... are these geared more towards spl or sq? im not familiar with Eclipse. also i think it has quad coils which i dont want to deal with

hm... are these geared more towards spl or sq? im not familiar with Eclipse. also i think it has quad coils which i dont want to deal with
Well, that's my sub. It was built by TC Sounds for Eclipse back in the day. I don't have a ton of information other than from what I understand it's a TC 5200 clone and as such it can get stupid loud and sound really good. It's got a 4" coil, 30mm xmax (a lot), and I'll say that even in my POS enclosure it sounds EXCELLENT.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Oh, and here's that PSI. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/620625-psi-platform-3-d-7-18-fresh-recone.html

Well, that's my sub. It was built by TC Sounds for Eclipse back in the day. I don't have a ton of information other than from what I understand it's a TC 5200 clone and as such it can get stupid loud and sound really good. It's got a 4" coil, 30mm xmax (a lot), and I'll say that even in my POS enclosure it sounds EXCELLENT. 

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Oh, and here's that PSI. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/620625-psi-platform-3-d-7-18-fresh-recone.html
the only thing is i really dont like messing with quad coils. Ive never even owned a sub with them lol

It's a bit out of your price range, but wanna buy one of my Z's? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

It's a bit out of your price range, but wanna buy one of my Z's? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
im good,... i dont want to spend that, also dont have the power

Well you can wire it to one ohm really easily by connecting each pair in series and then those pairs in parallel. I think they did it for added flexibility-maybe some more practical reason?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.