Going To Wax Car Tomorrow - Need help!

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Make sure you wash and dry your car properly before waxing. If you haven't cleaned the paint surface for a year or longer, I'd recommend using a paint cleaner and a clay bar before applying any wax, since washing does not remove embedded particles or light oxidation. Also, I like to apply a layer of paint sealant before I apply a layer of wax.

Apply sealant twice a year, wax 4 times a year if you never want bare paint exposed to the environment. Wax typically only lasts 1-2 months before most of it wears off. If going to an auto store, using anything by meguiars is a safe bet. Sealants are difficult to find anywhere but online.

my uncle got me some compound agent **** is awesome. my car had some **** that wouldnt come off when i washed it so i used it and came right off. has a rust spot on the paint from some ******* leaning a pole against my car when i left it at my grandparents and it took it off with no problems. ill get you the name of it in the morn when i go back to my uncles to finish my car

I like zymol wax.

I wash the car off (dont do any of this in the sun...or with crappy water). Once the car is clean and dryed (using shamy cloths), use microfiber cloths to apply the wax, use a spray bottle of de-ionized water to even the wax out (I think there are instructons in regards to this on the wax). None the less it works well. I also like to have a few cloths, diffrent ones to apply the wax, remove the wax and a final wipe rag as well. One other thing you might want is a soft brush to clear the wax from around embems and whatnot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.