Going to start from scratch.

Epic0318
10+ year member

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
So before finding this place i thought i knew a thing or 2 about systems but now i just feel like a total noob compared to everyones systems. so i want to start over again.

I'm planning on keeping the same HU which is a pioneer 6300UB. And ill be using my Alpine 3342 EQ

I want to redo everything else so I'm looking for components for around $100. I saw the crescendos and I'm interested in those.

I need a good amp for them. open for any opinions not looking to break the bank.

I have 2 alpine type r's I'm willing to sell them in order to get better stuff and ill need an amp for subs. and HO alt and batteries and cables i know what I'm going to get.

So open to any opinions for an all new setup.

I kno about a new amp for them. Im not going to keep the amp i have now. But what about anything else. Any ideas on what else everything should be? Im kind of set on the crescendos and im thinking of either getting the crescendo amp or mb 125.4.

I had to use the Zues comps last year. Something happened to the factory ones and my buddy had those in his closet.. Never again!

Depending on how much you want to spend you might could find some Rainbows on ebay or woofer ect. I never heard the MB but they turn me off cause they are made by the same company that makes Crunch and hifonics

Be able to help a little better if we had a budget.

Keep the deck/EQ and those R's and get a decent 1500watt amp to power them, but make sure the R's are in a good built spec'd/ported box and they will shine.

Highs, may like those Cresendo's, but I myself prefer Massive CK6's, which can be had for a little more, but sound really good! I have mine running off an old Earthquake amp that does 125rms per side and sound awesome!

Wire, check knukonceptz.com, which has some good pricing on wire. Gonna want to do 0/1g wire. Could get a kit for under 100 bucks with fuses and everything. Should be enough, but may want to do the big 3 as well.

Altenator, I awlays liked Ohio Generator's, but are pricey. There are a few other alternatives on here.

Good luck!

well i dont want to go past 1000 but if i have to i will spend up to 1500. This has to cover the 2 amps, wiring, speakers, alt, bat, and any little extras.

And thanks so far for the help. also i need a good 4 channel amp that does atleast 100 rms. i would like 125 rms at 4 ohms. i say an mb quart ONX4.125 that does that but Haze recommended finding another one. how would a Soundstream RUB4.600 sound? does 100 rms at 4 ohms.

And im also preparing to build a custom box for the subs about 4.4^3 @ 32Hz. Im going to give it a shot and hopefully it works better than the prefab i have.

Yea im planning on running Knu wire for all. 0/1 gauge for big 3 and from bat to distro block and then 4 gauge to amps. yea I talked to someone at Mechman and it was 500 for a 270 amp alt for my car. I looked up those massive ck6's and they seem awesome but a little to pricey. for around 250 i kinda want to get 2 comp sets. so would the mb amp be better than the soundstream amp?

As for soundstream. I heard there Rubicon series was good but thats all hear say. I would try to find used Sundown, Arc. I like the new Fosgate T400-4, deffenitly in my next upgrade. Maybe even just amp the fronts cause if your front stage is good you wont need the rear unless you care about passengers

Get rid of one of those type -r subs and get a mbquart ONX1.1000D for it and put it in a 2 cubic foot box tuned to 34 hz

Then get a MB Quart ONX4.125 for the componets. as far as componets spend alittle more and get some good ones.

Image dynamics CTX65CS , boston acoustic SR60 , Rainbow SLX265 Would be nice componets to go with that set up.

Also the amps are big enough to alow for upgrades in the future. Those new onyx series are nice for the price point . I have the older discuss series and it is awesome, to be honesti think its underratred

I dont care about passengers but i just want something thats also really loud thats why i want the second set of comps. Im even willing to even give up some sound quality for loudness. i want to keep both type r's i have an impala so i have enough trunk space for both. and ive been researching a bit and from what ive read maxxsonics just bought mb quart but mb quart make their own products, but idk. if i can find a sundown amp or something for speakers for around the same price i'll go for that.

I'll be looking up more comps and looking at any you guys recommend and hopefully i can find some in my price range.

thanks again for all the help guys.

ive got some dd cs60 comps i'd sell you and a 4 channel amp that does 100 watts rms x 4 at 4 ohms .or if you want better comps i've got some hertz high energy comps with cadence neo tweets 110 shipped for the dd, 150 shipped for the amp and 160 shipped for the hertz

well i dont want to go past 1000 but if i have to i will spend up to 1500. This has to cover the 2 amps, wiring, speakers, alt, bat, and any little extras.And thanks so far for the help. also i need a good 4 channel amp that does atleast 100 rms. i would like 125 rms at 4 ohms. i say an mb quart ONX4.125 that does that but Haze recommended finding another one. how would a Soundstream RUB4.600 sound? does 100 rms at 4 ohms.

And im also preparing to build a custom box for the subs about 4.4^3 @ 32Hz. Im going to give it a shot and hopefully it works better than the prefab i have.
Why would you swap a Q4.150 for an ONX125.4? If you are running 4Ω the Q has more power and better crossovers if you ever want to run active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.