Giving front mids more power

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello! This is my first post and I have a question for you.. My mid front stage is 2x digital designs v8.0 150rms/300max each.. And they are powered by 120rms/240max each from my esx 4120..

I want to hear how the thing sounds with a dB or two more, so i want to try bridging this 4 channel amp to 2 channels.. But the thing is, the power will then be 400rms/800 each.. Of course im not planning to try with that much power, but how much power do you think i can give to them.. Is it 150rms really the limit, or i can try to set the gains for lets say.. 200rms??

Bottoming out is not the issue, since they are crossed at 100hz/24dB hpf over my Alpine UTE92BT headunit.. Im just worried for overpowering them. Tnx

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! This is my first post and I have a question for you.. My mid front stage is 2x digital designs v8.0 150rms/300max each.. And they are powered by 120rms/240max each from my esx 4120..
I want to hear how the thing sounds with a dB or two more, so i want to try bridging this 4 channel amp to 2 channels.. But the thing is, the power will then be 400rms/800 each.. Of course im not planning to try with that much power, but how power do you think i can give to them.. Is it 150rms really the limit, or i can try to set the gains for lets say.. 200rms??

Bottoming out is not the issue, since they are crossed at 100hz/24dB hpf over my Alpine UTE92BT headunit.. Im just worried for overpowering them. Tnx

David
bridge it, your mid will love it. I have 450 going to my 6.5s and the main difference is overall sound quality increase with just a hint of volume increase. Clarity and detail improved by a lot and the mid is overall a lot smoother sounding. You can easily tell when your mid does not like the power so just set your gain right and you should be fine.

bridge it, your mid will love it. I have 450 going to my 6.5s and the main difference is overall sound quality increase with just a hint of volume increase. Clarity and detail improved by a lot and the mid is overall a lot smoother sounding. You can easily tell when your mid does not like the power so just set your gain right and you should be fine.
thanks man, you were right... the thing is pounding =) 35/35 tilt, no distortion, and for the first time.. gain all down 7 o'clock.. lol.. more clarity, midbass and noticable dB gain

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.