Giant 4th Order: Worklog

got damm that looks good

if the subs are barely moving it might be able to take more power...like 1000 on each sub

or play some late nite tip or some 20hz test tones...lol

god i love my designs when they come out great...good job sub urban and jman

Nice build. What are your plans for covering the box?
Depends on if we get un-lazy enough to take it back out of the burban. For the time being, it will remain nood.

got damm that looks goodif the subs are barely moving it might be able to take more power...like 1000 on each sub

or play some late nite tip or some 20hz test tones...lol

god i love my designs when they come out great...good job sub urban and jman
We'll be giving em 750w soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

504 square inches of port never look so good...i wish it was painted black....lol
Sub_urban wanted to paint the port pink //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif ***. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

@ 2 ohms with a 1500d I don't think your pushing anywhere near 800w after imp rise (real power).
Are you running a 1500d to each of them? Or 1 for all of them?

If 1, that is impressive.
thats one amp powering all 4. I was figuring ~800w nominal. I dont even want to know what it is after rise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

nice build, that box is a monster, any plans for a bigger amp(s)?
Adding another BX1500D, to where we can run both at 1 ohm, rather than one at 2 ohms:veryhapp:

Thats 4 15" Orion XTR Prototypes, Dual 4 ohm. They are currently being powered by a Hifonics BX1500D at 2 ohms, which is producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 watts if I had to guess. Sub_Urban is working on getting another BX1500, though, so that we'll be alble to wire each amplifier to 1 ohm and get full power out of them. I'd be willing to bet we'll be getting ~2500w out of them. Then y'all will see some good flexin.
yeah you need some more power. i just set up a friends system off 900 watts and i was surprised how easily it is to get roof flex.

MY roof is made of steel though lolz. I will have another amp, but it seems like on lower notes that the subs are bottoming out so i need to adjust my subsonic a little more. Jman knows what i am talking about it sounded horrible lol.

i dont think they were bottoming out...

however, I have seen some subs acting weird from being underpowered. For example, we hooked up a pair of MTX Thunder 4510's up to a JL 500/1 at 8 ohms. On drawn out bass notes, one sub would reach full excursion, and the other would hardly move, and then it would slowly shift to where the other sub was at full excursion. But when we dropped it to 2 ohms, and let the subs see enough power, they wanged just fine...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.