Getting rid of first sub - Want SQL

chibahawk
10+ year member

oe squeezer
NYC
I've got a Pio Premier 3002SPL 12" running on 900W @ 4ohms in a 1.7cuft box tuned to 34hz. I'm looking to pick up a new sub in about the same specs (possibly make a new box)

The Pioneer was my first sub so I'm just looking for improvement, and more SQ. Loudness isn't really that big of a factor as I usually left gains down and sub volume down. I just want something to sound real nice paired with my Rainbow Comps.

So what 12" SQL subs should I look for?

I'm also not looking to go bananas on the price so nothing high end thanks.

my defintion of high end is all relative to price. how much do those subs cost?

i was thinkin of looking into the Q. it's about 180 used?

i don't really want to go more than 2cuft as thats approx what I have now - but certainly could.

Budget limits not really but again I'm not looking to spend close to $300 on one speaker.

I'm going to check out the Assassin, RL-P, and Q I think. They seem to be names I've heard a few times. Which is the best value would you think? I'd sacrifice a little performance for money.

If you're looking at the assassin, look into the arsenal. A better driver, and I think there's one in the FS section going for ~$130 IIRC.

I've never actually heard one, but they're supposed to be very similar to the avalanche, a sub that I own and will never actually give up, despite needing money.

I agree on the RL-p and Q mentioned above. Going to add the ICON. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.