Getting into the car audio career

Participant count
  • Participant list

abui504

Hello fellow forum rats,

Cars have been a passion of mines for as long as I know. I really want into the car audio business. I have no professional experience at all in that business. The only professional experience I have is with sales/customer service (not with car audio). I'm currently in school for blank. and I'm working part-time in the blank business for a year already. But I'm starting to realize, it's not something I want to spend my life doing.

How would I approach this career? I'm thinking of staying in school for blank and working in the blank business, while trying to push myself into the car audio business. Then ease myself out of the blank business once I'm stable in the car audio business. I'm thinking about trying to go through car audio sales first. Then work my way to car audio installing. Aside from car audio, I want to get into car security, tint, exhaust and muffler, vinyl wrap, etc, etc.

Any constructive criticism is welcomed.

Just to be honest, working in this field SUCKS.
I am starting to agree. I recently took it from hobby/side job to ft due to slow electrical and if it were all cool custom builds for cooperative clients wouldnt be bad but that seems to be once in a while and more often your dealing with why doesnt the POS i got from bbs work what do u mean you dont warranty the crap i bring in or its the constant stupid questions. And yes There are such things as stupid question.

My advice man if you want to do it for fun and the love do it and if it turns into a carreer great but try n stick with blank field.

Local car audio shops say it's dieing out because of internet sales being soo low... And as other mentioned you get lots of tire kickers and rediculous questions. But i also want to start a career in this field even with the idiots lol.

Welcome to the forum! As far as advice goes, just make sure you love what you do before you get into it, and make sure you know what you're doing! We don't need another installer to have to clean up after. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Seriously though, I wish you the best of luck. You can probably talk to some vendors/dealers, depending on what you want to do, and see what their take is on the business. Then you could get a little insight before fully diving in on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.