Getting Audio System, Which Should I Get?

DrZoo

I'm getting an audio system for my car. I went to two places and got two bids. The bids are literally the exact same, down the the dollar. Now I need help from someone who knows their audio systems to help me decide which one give be better equipment for the money? One system is majority Kicker, and the other is all Alpine.

Here are the items and links to their specs:

**********KICKER System***************

Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3 iPhone Direct Clarion U.S.A | CZ302

Kicker KS series 6 11KS65 Kicker KS65 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

2013 Kicker Comp 12" dual 4 ohm VC 40CWD124 Kicker 40CWD124 CompD Series 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com

Kicker CX Model 300 RMS Monoblock Amp Kicker 12CX300.1 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

*************Alpine System**************

Alpine Type S SPS-610C Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine Type S SPS-619 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine Type S Dual 12" SWS-12D4 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

'13 VPower 500 Watt Mono Amp MRV-M500 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine CDE-121 Alpine CDE-121 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I have no idea why the one guy just gave me all 6.5" and why the other gave me two 6.5" and two 6x9. My car is a 2002 Toyota Avalon.

I'd say both of those are gunna be far more expensive than they are worth, and neither will be very loud probably sound good and "bump" a little. But your only gunna get so much out of a single 12 and

If I had to choose I'd say #2 .

Have some links/suggestions on other components? I'm just looking for something that has decent sound and some bass. I don't need anything super awesome. Just mid-range or something. I'm just looking for 4 speakers, sub, amp, and a head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.