Noob question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Suggin

SC
So I'm currently using an alpine cde 141 hu that has two rca preouts that are connected to my 4 channel sound ordnance m4075 speaker amp. Now I have had my sub preout rca on my hu connected to the rear input which has worked perfectly fine to get sound from my rear speakers without having to buy y splitters. I'm assuming these two outputs on my hu are the same even though one is considered "sub", does my amp convert that? .

I am about to install a sub with a seperate mono amp and am wondering when I connect the rca from my speaker amp output to the mono amp will the headunit pick that up? In other words, will the subwoofer control on my hu control my sub at this point? Currently with no subs I notice when I turn up the sub control on my headunit it turns up my rear speakers and am hoping when I insert the rca from that amp to the sub amp it the controls the sub.

So I'm currently using an alpine cde 141 hu that has two rca preouts that are connected to my 4 channel sound ordnance m4075 speaker amp. Now I have had my sub preout rca on my hu connected to the rear input which has worked perfectly fine to get sound from my rear speakers without having to buy y splitters. I'm assuming these two outputs on my hu are the same even though one is considered "sub", does my amp convert that? .
I am about to install a sub with a seperate mono amp and am wondering when I connect the rca from my speaker amp output to the mono amp will the headunit pick that up? In other words, will the subwoofer control on my hu control my sub at this point? Currently with no subs I notice when I turn up the sub control on my headunit it turns up my rear speakers and am hoping when I insert the rca from that amp to the sub amp it the controls the sub.
The rear has the option of being full range or sub out. You will want to switch the rear to sub and run the front with the y connector, but you will lose the fade control. Now if your 4 channel had preouts, you can run those to the sub amp and run low pass on your sub amp.

Well my speaker amp has an rca output from the rear as well , so I thought I could just add a third rca from there to the sub amp

Ok and so I was wondering when I do this will my subwoofer control on my headunit actually adjust the sub and not my rear speaker like it does now. I don't know when I first noticed it did this i was worried I wired something wrong

The only way to independentatly adjust the sub output, without it adjusting or rear speakers also, is to run the rca that is currently going into the rear channels oft the amp directly to the input on your new mono amp.

To retain the rear speakers working, u will need to either split the front channel rca with a y splitter, one female to 2 male x 2, or check or amp to see if it has a switch or button that allows for 4 channel operation off of 2 channel input.

Ok and so I was wondering when I do this will my subwoofer control on my headunit actually adjust the sub and not my rear speaker like it does now. I don't know when I first noticed it did this i was worried I wired something wrong
Run the rear full range, then run the mono low pass and set at 80-100hz.

As of right now I'm not gonna purchase y splitters. So I won't be able to run a hpf on my rear speakers anymore once I connect that second amp for my sub? I figured my speaker amp could seperate the two.. I don't know just thought the amp was designed for this since it offers an output.

As of right now I'm not gonna purchase y splitters. So I won't be able to run a hpf on my rear speakers anymore once I connect that second amp for my sub? I figured my speaker amp could seperate the two.. I don't know just thought the amp was designed for this since it offers an output.
Yes you can. The preout from the 4 channel is just that.......

Last thing I have been thinking about. Since my headunit subwoofer control will adjust my rear speakers along with the sub, I basically will have to leave it at zero at all times and set gains with it on zero. Will this affect my overall sub output? Will this mean that my gain in my amp will be turned slightly more? Should I just turn it to 15 then adjust my rear speaker gain along with the sub gain? (Hu doesn't go negative it's just 0 to 15)

Last thing I have been thinking about. Since my headunit subwoofer control will adjust my rear speakers along with the sub, I basically will have to leave it at zero and set gains with it on zero. Will this affect my overall sub output? Will this mean that my gain in my amp will be turned slightly more? Should I just turn it to 15 then adjust my rear speaker gain along with the sub gain? (Hu doesn't go negative it's just 0 to 15)
You definitely set gains at 0. When they are set correctly, you can then turn the rear or sub DOWN to blend.This is why I initially said to split the front signal so you can adjust the sub indepenently.

Yeh I'll eventually get some splitters. As of right now leaving my hu sub ctrl at 0 while setting sub gain, will I miss out on any output? I'm guessing the hu is just putting out less voltage so the gain will compensate for that.

Yeh I'll eventually get some splitters. As of right now leaving my hu sub ctrl at 0 while setting sub gain, will I miss out on any output? I'm guessing the hu is just putting out less voltage so the gain will compensate for that.
If you feel that you're losing output, you can turn up the sub ctrl on the Hu and turn down the gain on the rear of the 4 channel. How are you setting your gains?

I currently don't have a meter so I'm setting gains by ear using test tones. My headunit goes to 35 so I keep max volume at 26-27. With all my eq and boost BS set to zero/min, I'll pull my rear rca and set front speakers to distortion then back down and vice versa. Same for the sub, using 1khz for speakers and 40 hz for sub both 0db. The sub is definitely hittin I'm just being conservative with the gain until I figure out the difference having the hu sub ctrl level at 0 then at 15 prior to setting the gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.