Getting a Viper 791xv / 5900 installed.. Where?

LinxuS
10+ year member

Jellysickle
Las Vegas
I really would like to get an alarm for my truck, but my problem is where to get one installed. I had Best Buy install my headunit, and they did a horrible job. Not really sure if I would be able to trust them installing an alarm for me. I've heard they also charge an arm and 4 legs just to get it installed..

So anyways, what would you guys recommend? I sent a few shops an e-mail asking them about it. Custom Carz & Audio told me it would be $150 to install it if I brought them everything. The name kind of scares me, however.

Anyone know any good shops in the Las Vegas / SoCal area? I wouldn't mind driving 4 hours if I knew that the job would be done right.

Any recommendations on what to do in this situation?

I really would like to get an alarm for my truck, but my problem is where to get one installed. I had Best Buy install my headunit, and they did a horrible job. Not really sure if I would be able to trust them installing an alarm for me. I've heard they also charge an arm and 4 legs just to get it installed..
So anyways, what would you guys recommend? I sent a few shops an e-mail asking them about it. Custom Carz & Audio told me it would be $150 to install it if I brought them everything. The name kind of scares me, however.

best buy is 150$ too.. and i can understand why the name scares you. they cant even spell cars right. if they cant spell, what makes you think they can install complicated alarm systems?!?

dont have any recommendations for you though sorry.

Called up 702 motors, and they wanted $750 installed for the Clifford Matrix.

What does best buy sell the Vipers for, Buying and Installing it there?

Yeah, I think I'll check out some Circuit Citys around here. $550 installed is something I can handle lol.

Thinking about the Python 990. Pretty much the same as the 5900 right?

For those of you who work at CC or have experience with it, what should I ask for when I'm getting the Python 990 installed?

Can I ask for a specific place to hide the main unit?

How much is it for a back up battery and extra siren? Glass sensor?

Should I tell them to do anything specifically? Any places I should ask them to mount the antenna?

It'll be in a Ford Ranger extended cab. Will they mount the main unit somewhere in the back of the cabin, if I ask them?

Just a simple checklist would be great if anyone could help me out.

-Alex.

yeah they can do whatever you want but then ur labor price goes up. i wouldnt mount ur brain in the back of ur cab kuz then you have to extend wires. look under ur dash find a good HIGH HIDDEN spot that a 6x6x2 box would fit in. the brain and all is smaller than that but is bout that when all wires and everything is attached. then tell them you want it hidden up there. antenna is mounted top center of windsheild. battery back up is like $50 at best buy i know.

For those of you who work at CC or have experience with it, what should I ask for when I'm getting the Python 990 installed?
Can I ask for a specific place to hide the main unit?

How much is it for a back up battery and extra siren? Glass sensor?

Should I tell them to do anything specifically? Any places I should ask them to mount the antenna?

It'll be in a Ford Ranger extended cab. Will they mount the main unit somewhere in the back of the cabin, if I ask them?

Just a simple checklist would be great if anyone could help me out.

-Alex.
The more you want them to do, the more labor they are going to add. I'd almost just talk to the installer before they did it, offer them an extra 50bucks or somethign to hide all the wires and siren. Check it before you give them the money though.

The more you want them to do, the more labor they are going to add. I'd almost just talk to the installer before they did it, offer them an extra 50bucks or somethign to hide all the wires and siren. Check it before you give them the money though.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. A little tip takes things a long way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last time I tried to tip a guy at BB he wouldn't take it. Was against the policy.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. A little tip takes things a long way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifLast time I tried to tip a guy at BB he wouldn't take it. Was against the policy.
Or you could ride over to Sound Solutionz in Sparks, NV and ask for Rusty. Tell him I sent you. He'll hook ya up right!

Or you could ride over to Sound Solutionz in Sparks, NV and ask for Rusty. Tell him I sent you. He'll hook ya up right!
Only an 8 hour drive lol. Really wish Rusty didn't live so far away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

I'd probably end up spending the money that I saved, in gas haha.

Should try to get someone attending CES to do this as a side job.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.