Getting a new setup, how does it match up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

2005rumblebee
10+ year member

USA
Ok a week or so I asked for some advice but it didn't seem to get any responses. This is what I have put together so far, let me know how you think it matches up or please give me some solid advice before I order this next friday. The truck is a Dodge Rame Single Cab.

For the head unit I am thinking of going with the KENWOOD KVT-819DVD. It seems like it offers a huge selection of features and I am able to pick it up for $599...I wanted Nav but figure I can just get the add on as well as the add on for cell. Anyone have this unit or ayone have any experience with it?

For the speakers I am leaning towards the Boston Acoustics PRO60SE 6.5" in the doors and the BOSTON ACOUSTICS S35 3.5" 2-WAY speakers for the dash, not planning on placing anything behind me, wanted to keep the front stage suggestion I've read in this forums which made alot of sense. My questions on these speakers are

1. Are they worth the $

2.Will I get a good mid bass

3.Would 2 in each door be better or just overkill

4.Should I use Speaker Baffles

I have 250 sq ft of sound dampening mat installed throughout the truck so I know I'm good there, but as far as baffles go should these speakers respond well to them or would it mess the sound up?

For Subs I am doing a pair of 12w7's. I'm not looking to break any world records, just want a good sounding hard hitting bass.

I am planning on adding a second battery for the system and a cap for my headlights. As far as amps go I am seriously reaching to you guys for some good ideas. I would like to run the dash speakers off the unit, but as far as the rest if I could keep it down to two amplifiers that would be great. Also I listen to hard rock and some new age what would you recommend for a sub box setup, firing direction, ported or sealed. I will cutout the cab to the bed if need be.

Thanks all for your help

learn how this works

word.png

Dunno if it's true or not but I read in Car Audio Mag that adding a second batt wouldn't stop headlights from dimming but to add a Cap to the headlights and they wont dim on ya. I have no idea yet even if this is a problems, but years ago it always seemed to be. The subs I was thinking 2 1000.1 JL amps, but I know you guys can give a more experienced opinion.

Dunno if it's true or not but I read in Car Audio Mag that adding a second batt wouldn't stop headlights from dimming but to add a Cap to the headlights and they wont dim on ya. I have no idea yet even if this is a problems, but years ago it always seemed to be. The subs I was thinking 2 1000.1 JL amps, but I know you guys can give a more experienced opinion.
it will be better to add a battery to the back and do the big 3 than putting a capacitor in the circuit

Ok as far as amplifiers go I think my heart is set on Rockfords

T4000

T2000

Can you guys tell me what amp would be best in my case for 2 12w7's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.