Getting a comp and amp setup now

Participant count
  • Participant list

STIorDIE
10+ year member

Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of upgrading my sound system and was looking to finish up by upgrading my comps and getting an amp. I'm currently running a kenwood bt945u headunit, rockford fosgate p8002 amp and 2 JL wv3 subs. For comps I was looking at getting some hertz hsk 165 and a rockford fosgate p500-2 2 ch amp to power the components. What do you guys think of this setup. Also for installing the second amp what size wiring will i need. I'm running 4 gauge for the subs and think i'll probably do 8 gauge for the comps. Can i just set up the speaker amp next to the sub amp and use the same ground? Also is there anything wrong with having 2 fuse holders in the engine bay or should i get a power block? I'm kind of a newb at this and learning so sorry for any stupid questions guys.

I'd probably run 1/0 awg wire from the batt to a distribution block and then run 4 awg from the distro block to the amps. And yes, mounting the amps side by side and using the same ground location should be fine...

also another question. would you just run the 2 amps separately or would you suggest using a distribution block?
I'd probably run 1/0 awg wire from the batt to a distribution block and then run 4 awg from the distro block to the amps. And yes, mounting the amps side by side and using the same ground location should be fine...
this

alright cool. another question i have is, how is the setup and would you guys suggest relocating the amp? I currently have the amp mounted to the rear seat on a piece of mdf bolted to the metal frame in the seat. One of my friends was telling me that that was dangerous because its getting shaken by the subs and not getting enough air so he suggested putting the amp in the spare tire enclosure and getting a cooling fan with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.