Getting 8 Gauge power cable through 94 prizm firewall

Participant count
  • Participant list

masterrank6

hi everyone, I have a 94 geo prizm. Ive had everything I need to install my sub and amp for 2 weeks now. I cant manage to find a place to run my power cord through my firewall. Ive seen a ton of videos where people already got holes or put it through where the main wires come through but on my car I cant find a single spot. From the inside of the engine are theres mass compact engine parts against the firewall so drilling a hole from wither side is hard to tell if im going to damage something important. I THINK i see the main wires leading into what looks like a grommet but it feels plastic and thats from the inside the car under the drivers side dash right above the gas pedal. when i look from the engine area it feels rubber and then again im not sure weather im looking at the correct thing. IM SUPER lost and am at a loss! If anyone can please help me id appreciate it alot! thanks

lol he's not selling anything
he's asking where can he run 8 gauge cable through a 94 prizm
Someone missed the joke. (Hint: check the sub-forum)

I don't have the same car, but I ended up running it down towards the front wheel well. There's plastic material separating that area from the wheel, so I ran it above that. There was an access hole in there that allowed me to get it into the cabin near the kick panels.

I'll take pictures later today to show you what I mean. I told another guy I'd do the same, but my town's been underwater.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.