get loud for cheap / ghetto blaster burb

At this point, why not drill through the roof and use bolts? Who will see the roof anyway? Put some silicone in there really good, maybe a layer of plasti-dip and call it a day.

you need some 295/50 white letter tires bro.
this is 1000% true ! ive been searching that exact size - have not come up with a tire that can take my load and psi requirments.

pepboys has the futura in that size can only hold 1800 lb per tire at 35psi max

my current michelin 31x10.5x15 tires on there are rated at 2150 lb per tire at 50 psi - and i keep them aired at 50 psi - yet they still seem to look like they are stressed to carry the weight of this truck - im afraid if i put on a tire that isnt rated to handle the load - or take high psi then it will look even worse - and or also be dangerous to drive on highway at speeds. i kno overloading a tire around town is a bit safer than doing 80 on an overloaded tire....

but yes yes heck yes - i would love to find a 295/50/15 that will take what im asking of it - or even a 275/60/15 would fit on and be pretty sweet.

pepboys had that 275 size in a tire rated closer to my load capacity - and took 44 psi is almost good enough...

home depo dual aluminum distro for 1/0 guage wire

Blackburn Type ADR 2-Conductor 1-Hole Mount Wire Connectors for #1/0 Stranded Max Wire (2-Pack)-ADR11-21-B2-5 at The Home Depot

this is 1000% true ! ive been searching that exact size - have not come up with a tire that can take my load and psi requirments.pepboys has the futura in that size can only hold 1800 lb per tire at 35psi max

my current michelin 31x10.5x15 tires on there are rated at 2150 lb per tire at 50 psi - and i keep them aired at 50 psi - yet they still seem to look like they are stressed to carry the weight of this truck - im afraid if i put on a tire that isnt rated to handle the load - or take high psi then it will look even worse - and or also be dangerous to drive on highway at speeds. i kno overloading a tire around town is a bit safer than doing 80 on an overloaded tire....

but yes yes heck yes - i would love to find a 295/50/15 that will take what im asking of it - or even a 275/60/15 would fit on and be pretty sweet.

pepboys had that 275 size in a tire rated closer to my load capacity - and took 44 psi is almost good enough...

home depo dual aluminum distro for 1/0 guage wire

Blackburn Type ADR 2-Conductor 1-Hole Mount Wire Connectors for #1/0 Stranded Max Wire (2-Pack)-ADR11-21-B2-5 at The Home Depot
oh yeah i didnt think about the weight, i run mastercraft avengers or cooper cobras

build a box to replace the one holding 4 pearless mids up front center... currently holding pair of selenium 8w4p together for 4 ohms load bridged on mb quart discus 1k

so they get up to 250w each - they play 100hz to 4k hz with AUTHORITY i have them crossover sloped at around 100hz at 6db and at 80hz at 12db so intentionaly they do not play below 70 with any power. the 12" behind there take care of the 60 to 300hz range

more zebra sticker - somehow i like it

its terrible - but ooohhh so good at the same time lol

now im tempted to try the pearless 6.5 mids in my door pods... even tho ive been wanting to get some sealed back mids for there like american bass 6.5 i hear those take the 300hz up to 10k hz with authority... thats what im wanting my doors to play for good left and right staging in the upper hz range

finaly found a site that has some si ht 18 d2 in stock - ordered 2 more - were delivered by fed ex today !! woooo

the ghetto burb will be running six 18s in a c pillar 4th - roughly 2 to 1 ratio - 3 cubes net each sub for 40ish hz sealed reasonence

now i need to figure out the port.

plywood roof is in progress - ill snap some pix of that today. with even 1 sheet of ply up on the roof already it feels alot more "intense" as there is much less wasted subwoofer energy in roof flex. double thick with beauty pannel on the sides should be verry efficent at transfering subwoofer energy up front to the pasangers

i cant wait to pull nasty hair tricks

my port configuration will look like this - while keeping the second row bench up right for pasangers.

seemingly the port might end up being 16 to 17" tall opening by 45 to 48" wide and a few inches deep

not 100% on woofer placment in the back - as i dont want to fire directly out of the port with the top 3 subs

might angle it some how - still playing with ideas

finished attaching plywood to my roof last night. its 3 layers thick in the c pillar back area - and 2 layers thick fowards of that.

plywood roof = arm death and stress

also got my floor built double thick now - and am going to start building the side walls next

either double or tripple thick on the side walls not shure yet we shall see how double feels

im actually screwing and lock tite pl adhesive the wood to the sides of the truck to get every inch of air space used that i have avalable back there. should end up with 65 cubes internal once the outside box structure is built - and hopefully the sides of the truck will act as a steel cage .... i mean maby the truck will flex a tiny bit - but with all that wood attached directly to it - i dont see the ability for it to move much...

single sub amp = ddm3a subs are dual 2 coils - wire to .66 ohm load at the amp.

each sub is rated at 600w by the factory - because they are built with loose suspension - the coils can take 1k rms power - but the suspension is so soft that they dont need that much power to reach full throw in and out - and are limited by the voice coils ability to move so far in and out that it hitts the inside of the motor at full x max on the rearward swing. because suspension is so soft = efficency build - and small box requirments.... each 18 only wants 2.5 to 3.0 cubes net on the sealed side of things to keep mechanical throw of the sub in check...

its an experement of large scale. efficency is my goal. do the most with the least... in my case - the least is power. wattage / electrical

i see no need to feed a super stiff sub 3k to get the same amount of cone movment as the soft subs i have that only need 600w to do the same thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.