get loud for cheap / ghetto blaster burb

this page needs some pix.

under hood wiring - all power wires are red. all negative ground wires are black.

note dual terminal block mounted to alternator mounting bolt. one run goes to battery negative - other goes to frame ground

and my front stage as it sits today

its pretty loud up front. on way home from work today played rage against the machine : killing in the name and it was just on next level loud

any one have any idea where i can get metered in south east FL ?

singer will be shipping out this alt to me tomorow - im still pee my pants exited about getting a 320 hairpin ( 6 phase )

anyone have any rough guess or real world experience on what i might get power wise from my ddm2a at 1 ohm on a steady 14.4 volts

got some goodies to throw in this ghetto burb. pair of mb quart discus 4 chans on ebay clearence sale / pair of nos selenium st200 tweets for less than $20 shipped on ebay yall must of been asleep on that lol... ummmmmm what else

o a ddm3a is shipping to me now

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

selenium st220 next to a 6.5" for size ref. its huge

on the test bench to make shure they work good

ddm3a came today yay

Last edited by a moderator:
so when is the wall going in....
nice truck, lots of room.
hopefully will have time to start this weekend - i wana lay out the floor first and then start building the sides. im building inside the truck / c pillar and going to try and utalize every single inch i can get in the hopes of having 60 cubes internal to make 4th order 2.25 to 1 ratio

but its going to be a slow build - as i have an amazing 6 month old sweet heart of a baby girl and she takes priority over most of my time haha...

alts in - took a few to figure out wiring - red and green wires needed jumped together and blue is remote turn on wire for alt. yellow does nothing on this alt. gota solder those and heat shrink the connections at work tomorow on lunch break.

something was keeping my voltage down at heavy draw - my front battery was weak - i un hooked it from the rear bank - and in 30 min it wanted to sit at 12.3 while the rest of my bank sits at 13.1 so i stole a battery out of the rear bank and shoe horned it up front on the stock location. i had been wanting to do this anyways for a bit now and needed a kick in the pants to get on it.

and this is how i spent my 4th of july //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif she liked watching the fireworks - we were far enough away the noise was not intense from them... she aint scared tho

picked up some old school cragar sst 15x10 rims with my lug pattern 5 on 5 at a flea market local for 100 all 4 - had my spare tire ( same size as the rest of my tires just diffrent kind ) 31x10.5 mounted on one just to check fitment. i hoped it would stick out a little bit - but she is basicly dead flush with the sides of my burb.

wasnt shure if they would rub or not - but they do not - actually looks like plenty of clerence

also got singer alt installed - had my wet cell battery up front go bad - caused weird voltage issues took me a few to sort that out.

i un hooked my front battery from the rear agm bank - and in 2 hours it read 12.3 resting - while the front battery was still hooked to my rear bank it would read 13.1 still tho - so if your having voltage issues - i suguest un hooking all your batterys from eachother - and let them sit over night - then check each battery individualy with a dmm and see voltages. they should all be similar.....

singer alt doing its job

went to my local skatepark i used to work at and gave demo to some dudes there - played a bit to hard and got the subs stinky and hot... need to pull them tomorow and ohm out the coils / visualy inspect for browning of coils... lol

amp under seat mounting position is also not ideal at this point - i noticed a bit more heat on the casings of my amps than i would of liked to feel...

maby they can mount on the front side of my c pillar wall that is about to get started tomorow i hope...

got angry with my peal and seal deadner not doing a good job on the roof - so in my workshop i have a bunch of this thin wood

cut 3 layers thick to match the thickness of the roof braces up there

scraping off the peal and seal. hating it. awfull

left a bunch of tar residue - extra terrible to scrape off with spatula - then mineral spirits took it completely clean - then scuff with 60 grit for "tooth"

all 3 layers went in at same time to "form" together. roof to first layer of wood was locktite pl adhesive. that first 18" section got a whole caulk tube

then the next 2 layers got tight bond #2 poured on real quick and spread with bondo scraper and quickly put all up on roof and got the braces in place

second section in place - went in just like the first.

so the plan is to keep doing this to the rest of my roof - and once all the areas are filled with wood - then id like to do 2 or 3 layers of 1/4" plywood on the entire roof to tie it all together as 1 gigantic wood piece instead of a bunch of diffrent sections. hoping to completely eliminate roof flap / flex / noise and to raise the efficency of my subwoofers to translate all their energy to the pasangers inside the viechle getting demo instead of loosing a bunch of energy in flex...

mylows10 says if i were to compete - my wood roof would put me in an "extreme" class - but im ok with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.